sharetrader
Page 10 of 389 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I've studied this one enough and with National looking sure to be returned and Kupe good for a long time yet im going for max allocation needed to obtain 2000 bonus shares so around 30k shares,Im picking around a 10% scaling being applied
    The 30k shares for max 2000 bonus shares is an optimum strategy but if 2,500 like minded followers adopt the same strategy this will drain the public pool!

One thing that bugs me with this offer. There's a big lift in the forcasted profit for 2015 compared to 2014.
    When they start talking about weather patterns returning to normal, (read a cooler winter) as the basis for a 4%+ increase in generation, one can only imagine that there are other generators out there with spare capacity hoping for the same thing.
    Counting on high dividends based on weather normalisation when some would argue climate change, (global warming in old fashioned speak), is with us to stay....hmmm...

Then there's the matter of whether those in charge of corporate governance are there based on their corproate skills or something else...
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-03-2014 at 05:02 PM.

Guru

Filled out the form last night and it said it would send something to my email shortly but nothing yet(24hrs) Has anyone else experienced this or have you received confirmation quickly.

It was through direct broking

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    The 30k shares for max 2000 bonus shares is an optimum strategy but if 2,500 like minded followers adopt the same strategy this will drain the public pool!
    Ive got a firm allocation through DB not the public pool,not quite sure what your trying to say here,that you think ones like myself shouldn't be so greedy?

Giday C...how did you manage that.Ive spoken to them a few times and they would not give me a firm allocation.Cheers

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    Giday C...how did you manage that.Ive spoken to them a few times and they would not give me a firm allocation.Cheers
    Replied to your pm troy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Ive got a firm allocation through DB not the public pool,not quite sure what your trying to say here,that you think ones like myself shouldn't be so greedy?
    Not at all, that would be hypocritical of me. I was simply highlighting that it would only take 2,500 applications of 30,000 shares to fill the public pool which I think is too small and could be subject to material scaling. I also went thru my broker for this very reason.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Not at all, that would be hypocritical of me. I was simply highlighting that it would only take 2,500 applications of 30,000 shares to fill the public pool which I think is too small and could be subject to material scaling. I also went thru my broker for this very reason.
    No probs,I think the public pool applications will generally be for small parcels like around 5k shares average IMHO

percy

Not sure of my facts,however, I think should you receive a broker's "firm allocation" you can also apply for shares in the public pool.
    I hear broker's expect to scale clients allocations.
    Last edited by percy; 27-03-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    Couta, would you mind sharing with us all how you got a firm allocation through DB? Or PM me the details if you prefer? I'm wondering if it may be the best option for me. Cheers.
    T the firm allocation is still subject to the scaling rule depending on the level of oversubscription as is the public pool,we don't know what % that could be but I'm guessing around 10%,give the wholesale section at DB a call and tell them how many shares you want allowing for scaling and ask for a firm allocation from them for that number,Percy is correct in that you can apply for shares under both pools and if fact I'm thinking of doing this to ensure I get what I want in case of heavy scaling,you could sell any excess on market and there's bound to be a spike in the price initially