Quote Originally Posted by Corporate View Post
Hi all - what are the current views on the AUDNZD exchange rate? The NZD has been under some pressure...but will this continue or will the NZD press ahead and continue its upward trend.

From a personal point of view, I have a sum of AUD that I would like to bring back to NZD in the next 12 months. My current thinking is to drip feed it back in say 4 tranches as opposed to one lump some.
Given the unpredictable nature of exchange rates that is the best way course of action to avoid outright speculation.
However it is historically low (AUD/NZD rate) so if one was to speculate one would think there may be some return to mean over the medium to long term.

Despite current trends , personally I tend to think that long term AUD is a stronger economy (and hence currency) than NZD and wiser people than me are seeing current low AUD/NZD rate as a a good entry point for Aussie investments.

I see Antipodean currencies as both on long term climbs vs USD which will of course be punctuated by violent corrections.