sharetrader
Page 176 of 472 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 4719

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Just bought some land in devonport:
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11248246
    I see that both SUM and RYM include that phrase about "freeing up other properties for resale". Seems like they see themselves as the saviour to the perceived housing shortage.

Hope there buyers for these 'freed up' properties at good prices

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by In4a$ View Post
    Just wish it was me selling the 250,000 !!
    Your 1000 is about to go buddy,Gone

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    "Ka Ching"" another $500 profit

Quote Originally Posted by In4a$ View Post
    Jeez - 2 lots of $500 in next to no time ....well done

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SimonHouse View Post
    Did they buy the land on leasehold, or did they buy it freehold?
    I inferred it is freehold. It says sell and refers to the CBD land which is leasehold and saying now Ryman will reap the benefit, not Ngati Whatua.

The actual media release is more vague just saying they have 'secured'. I am not sure how their model would deal with a leasehold type structure unless it was prepaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    I inferred it is freehold. It says sell and refers to the CBD land which is leasehold and saying now Ryman will reap the benefit, not Ngati Whatua.

The actual media release is more vague just saying they have 'secured'. I am not sure how their model would deal with a leasehold type structure unless it was prepaid.
    150 year lease

The Herald has a story

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SimonHouse View Post
    Did they buy the land on leasehold, or did they buy it freehold?
    Good question...per the media release: "Ryman has secured a 4.2 hectare site owned by Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei on Ngataringa Rd, where it plans to build retirement village which will eventually be home for up to 300 residents". It makes it sound as if Ngati Whatua still own the land and that Ryman will develop and operate it. However the Scoop item http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU140...tua-orakei.htm in the first paragraph specifically states that Ryman has bought the land.

However, back in the media release it goes on to state: “Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei wanted to ensure there was a long-term development at Wakakura, which would provide not only for its people but also create housing opportunities for the community and we believe this will achieve that.’’ To me this indicates that Ngati Whatua wants the development to provide for its people. Would that be by way of reserving units for Ngati Whatua in the Ryman village built on the land...or by way of receiving rent from Ryman for building on what will legally remain Ngati Whatua owned land? Or, neither of the preceding? It is not clear cut. Whatever the position, Ryman have secured for development a very attractive piece of land.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Good question...per the media release: "Ryman has secured a 4.2 hectare site owned by Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei on Ngataringa Rd, where it plans to build retirement village which will eventually be home for up to 300 residents". It makes it sound as if Ngati Whatua still own the land and that Ryman will develop and operate it. However the Scoop item http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU140...tua-orakei.htm in the first paragraph specifically states that Ryman has bought the land.

However, back in the media release it goes on to state: “Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei wanted to ensure there was a long-term development at Wakakura, which would provide not only for its people but also create housing opportunities for the community and we believe this will achieve that.’’ To me this indicates that Ngati Whatua wants the development to provide for its people. Would that be by way of reserving units for Ngati Whatua in the Ryman village built on the land...or by way of receiving rent from Ryman for building on what will legally remain Ngati Whatua owned land? Or, neither of the preceding? It is not clear cut. Whatever the position, Ryman have secured for development a very attractive piece of land.
    150 year lease

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11248246

Make some serious money over at Sum aye winner over 3-5 years on the lower multiple or Met even lower again but then they will be spending all their profits on upgrading older buildings aye
    Been wondering what '...last year's profit growth was unlikely to be emulated this year' really means for SUM. RYM wouldn't dare say that

To be fair lets assume only a miserly 25% increase. That gives underlying profit of $28m \ and so at 350 a earnings multiple of just under 30

SUM doesn't go back far as RYM to assess the relationship between PE and future returns but I would expect SUM to be about the same .... there at this 30 at best minimal or negative returns over the next 3 years and 5 years

If that's your timeframe couta not good .... just stick to the trading you are doing
    Last edited by winner69; 02-05-2014 at 02:33 PM.