sharetrader
Page 659 of 2130 FirstFirst ... 15955960964965565665765865966066166266366970975911591659 ... LastLast
Results 6,581 to 6,590 of 21299

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    Once upon a time a company called Matritech developed a bladder cancer detection test, they didn’t live happily ever after as they were snapped up and taken over early in life by Alere and Inverness, but their product NMP22 has remained in the market place for over ten years now and has a market share already.

It’s not a binary matter at all, ….. others have already demonstrated and proven that a profitable percentage market share is both achievable and desirable by the big market players.

PEB have told us that one of their aim’s is to replace NMP22(bladdercheck) and NPM22(elisa) test products in the market place with new generation tech, cxbladder, and thus displace their existing predominant market share position.

Cxbladder is also the first product available of sufficient accuracy which may now be used to compliment or partially replace Cytology as a methodology, this prospectively opens up a whole brand new market and potentially a much bigger market too.

All the 100%’s in that familiar table tell the story of a market awaiting cxbladder;

http://library.corporate-ir.net/libr...534/2004AR.pdf

Attachment 5774
    THat's a major confidence boost to know cxbladder is way ahead of the game compared to matritech... However mac, cx bladder has the lowest specificity...

mac - did matritech ever get medicare coverage?
    Last edited by baller18; 04-05-2014 at 10:38 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by baller18 View Post
    THat's a major confidence boost to know cxbladder is way ahead of the game compared to matritech... However mac, cx bladder has the lowest specificity...

mac - did matritech ever get medicare coverage?
    Ah yes Baller, watch this space, cxbladder(triage) is about to be launched any day now, it's target market as I understand it, is high specificity early sequence triage, it will be interesting to see if it is 96% or higher

Matritech and Medicare, yes also, 10 years ago leading the way,

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...r#.U2Yc_6iSxh4
    Last edited by MAC; 04-05-2014 at 11:00 PM.

Ah yes Baller, watch this space, cxbladder(triage) is about to be launched any day now, it's target market as I understand it, is high specificity early sequence triage, it will be interesting to see if it is 96% or higher

Matritech and Medicare, yes also, 10 years ago leading the way,

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...r#.U2Yc_6iSxh4
    I believe it's matter of time when cxbladder gets medicare coverage as well, as jackie walker was confident but it was a matter of time, and reported medicare was impressed with cxbladder.

However, snap does make a good point about matritech not gaining sales traction even after gaining approval from CMS. Urologists not accpeting matrictech much??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    Thanks Mac.
    I research into nmp22 bladder check many months ago and this indicated it has struggled to gain market share.
    I believe 4 years after there first commercail sale's were achieved in the US they were only doing 4500 test every year.

This is one of the reason's I have been a bit wary of the cx bladder up take.
    It does look like cx bladder has more accuracy but as I have mentioned before they are not the first product to become available and no product has achieved great sales traction.
    A little research is a good thing a lot is even better.

Ten years ago the concept of a urine test for cancer was absolutely revolutionary and the hurdles for the early companies like Matritech and products like NMP22 was totally enormous to overcome.

NMP22 has been about for well over ten years now and your figures are not only ten years out of date, they only cover a part of the potential cxbladder market as cxbladder can do much more than NMP22.

The glass half full view, because we know you don't have one, is that ten years later the medical and clinical profession is now comfortably predisposed to new technologies like this, and, especially so to a test which provides superior results for their patients, and, which prospectively is adequately now accurate enough to lower work up costs for insurers by 30%.

But then Einstein said "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. So is a lot."

Guru

Ten years ago the concept of a urine test for cancer was absolutely revolutionary and the hurdles for the early companies like Matritech and products like NMP22 was totally enormous to overcome.

NMP22 has been about for well over ten years now and your figures are not only ten years out of date, they only cover a part of the potential cxbladder market as cxbladder can do much more than NMP22.

The glass half full view, because we know you don't have one, is that ten years later the medical and clinical profession is now comfortably predisposed to new technologies like this, and, especially so to a test which provides superior results for their patients, and, which prospectively is adequately now accurate enough to lower work up costs for insurers by 30%.
    If snaps research is ten years out of date could you please update us on what market share NMP has now please-It would be useful info.

Guru

My research indicates that at the time (10 years ago) NMP22 was being marketed as a revolutionary product and was held in high regard as an alternative to the current invasive test.... very much like cx bladder.
    No I dont have current sale's figure's but nmp22 tests but it has most diffeneatly has not taken off like first predicted.
    For me this is a concern and I have read more than one urologyst's article that seem's to relate to the poor uptake of previous products(like nmp22) when cx bladder is being talk about.
    In fact reading some of the article's and given the fact that nmp22 was not that successful it would seem many urologyst have the seen it all before happy to keep doing what I am doing thanks anyway attitude.
    I believe this current reluctance to change and seen it all before attitude from the urolygist is going to show in PEB sale's traction results.
    However PEB has a better product and I firmly believe given time it will succeed where others have failed but IMHO the sales curve is going to be drawn out. Lets hope it is much quicker than nmp22.
    I wonder how increasing healthcare costs and pressures from insurance companies will mean 'it is different this time'. Getting those contracts with the insurance companies is key in my opinion.

Banned

agree totally and getting CXbladder written up in clinical pathways will be even better.
    Good things take time.
    Hey Snapiti perhaps you should apply your Peb thinking to ATM as well following the advise of those old cheese add guys

AWOL

Really think that the whole aim at present is to get accepted as a better replacement for cytology as a bladder cancer test. According to the chart previously posted NMP22 just does not have the stats to do that. An adjunct to cystoscopy is the primary goal replacing cytology in the clinical pathway I think.
    But then what would I know-
    I am just an innocent bystander holding a few PEBbles

Neverin the history of Sharetrader have so many had so much to opine.

And so they began to pontificate about PEB, the little New Zealand business, many hundreds of pages and thousands of posts ago. They held forth, declaimed, preached, sounded off, spouted off, gave sermons, lectures, extolled, decried, dogmatised (sometimes absurdly?), some partook in a game of one upmanship to show their knowledge (and sometimes their lack of), surmised, conflagrated, summarised,supposed, extrapolated, assumed (assumption, the mother of all stuff ups?), speculated (a great deal), planted doom and gloom, hype and hoopla, and sometimes theymade personal attacks (signs of desperation?).

So, really, have many of them had something solid and worthwhile to put forward? Or has it become all to much (or is that too much?) to any longer come to some sort of decision?

Some left, others took their place. Perhaps some of those that left did so out of boredom, or found the screeds too tedious, or too funny to take seriously, or maybe they were astonished at some of the advice being offered. Faces turned upwards to behold and follow those who posted most, perhaps in innocent acknowledgement that they were so well educated in the company in question, by sheer dint of their regular appearances on the thread.

Some even appeared to become fence jumpers (I love it, I don’t). Many panicked, very often without fair and just cause. But had the panickers been reading some of the numerous posts, it is perhaps little wonder. To a new investor, there has been much to scare him or her into selling. Just as,on the other hand, there have been many posts where one needs experience to filter out hype, pumping/dumping, smoke and mirrors, you name it, it’s all in this thread. Along with some odd grammar; their/there, or, company’s or companies, now which is which?

A certain poster has alluded to poor spelling in the past, maybe not here, but definitely elsewhere. But it’s worth a laugh sometimes, and they should egxpect (sp??) the odd spelling mistake, surely? Perhaps poor spelling emanates from the modern day txt spk(!).

Now, some many years later, what do they know and understand about PEB? Not the shareprice, the business. (Did they buy the business, or the share?) From one or two posters, they should know much, for they have given freely of a great deal of their time to help all to understand this company. And thanks are due to them. So, are all now well informed, having of course also done their own diligent research, and are they patient, or impatient, in, or out? Or having a bob each way, depending on the day? Are they investing in the share price, or the business? Or simply going around in circles?

Maybe, for some, this thread is the greatest teaching platform, for investor psychology.

I stole a post from Mac on the ATM thread (thanks Mac) “Well, perhaps the only uncertainty is that there may not be any uncertainty.”

And so they continue to pontificate............... And are they any further advanced?

Oh dear, I should of (grammar?) never started this! But don’t all you posters stop, it’s such exsellant (?) entertainment!

It’s ok people, there is a man in a white coat at my door.... I have all this noise in my head –buy/sell, sell/buy, panic/don’t panic, who, which, what, when, why? I am but an innocent bystander, watching all the posts go by.

Absolutely no offence intended to any poster, after all, there are definitely some excellent posts on this thread.
    Last edited by mis chief; 05-05-2014 at 11:23 AM.