sharetrader

Hybrid View

If you regularly trade outside of NZ then consider opening up an online multicurrency account with your broker. I left ASB Securities since like you chaps I was paying a lot for forex transactions on each trade both ways (buy then sell).

ANZ Securities offer OMC accounts for UK, USA, and Australia.

I made a single forex transaction when setting one up for trading on the asx, and will only need to make another when I withdraw or deposit more funds. Meanwhile I trade to my heart's content on both the asx and nzx without incurring a single forex fee.

Check it out.

0800 805777 option 3.

BC
    Last edited by Bobcat.; 22-07-2014 at 09:16 PM.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat. View Post
    If you regularly trade outside of NZ then consider opening up an online multicurrency account with your broker. I left ASB Securities since like you chaps I was paying a lot for forex transactions on each trade both ways (buy then sell).

ANZ Securities offer OMC accounts for UK, USA, and Australia.

I made a single forex transaction when setting one up for trading on the asx, and will only need to make another when I withdraw or deposit more funds. Meanwhile I trade to my heart's content on both the asx and nzx without incurring a single forex fee.

Check it out.

0800 805777 option 3.

BC
    definitely agree with holding multi-currency accounts, but don't write ASB Securities off completely guys - they have accounts available in many currencies. No fees and they pay (some) interest

I have online accounts with both ASB and ANZ. I actually find ANZ online very slow to enter orders into both NZX and ASX, (up to 2 minutes at times), whereas ASB are virtually instantaneous consistently.

Slow entry cost me ~40 cents on one particular DIL trade a while back - was not happy