sharetrader
Page 493 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3934434834894904914924934944954964975035435939931493 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,930 of 16077
    Banned

Default Slater receives death threats following Hager's book publication

Hager is the criminal and Slater is above board, yet we see this bad behaviour. And now we see the true colours of the Loonie Left. Death threats FGS. The useless left go around defacing National Billboards and even our own EZ posts links to it. They throw food and mud at Right wing politicians, they hack in the Right Wing bloggers computers - belg, they write propaganda B.S songs against Key and complain when the long arm of the law tells them they are breaking the law & now death threats. Is there any wonder why we don't vote for these criminals?

88 out or every 100 voters don't want Cunliffe as our P.M. I'd suggest that is about the same amount of NZ voters that have not got a criminal record.

Keep up the negative campaign Labour as it is absolutely positive for National. I think Key should charge Labour voters more tax each week to actually give them something real to complain against.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzie View Post
    Hager is the criminal and Slater is above board, yet we see this bad behaviour. And now we see the true colours of the Loonie Left. Death threats FGS. The useless left go around defacing National Billboards and even our own EZ posts links to it. They throw food and mud at Right wing politicians, they hack in the Right Wing bloggers computers - belg, they write propaganda B.S songs against Key and complain when the long arm of the law tells them they are breaking the law & now death threats. Is there any wonder why we don't vote for these criminals?

88 out or every 100 voters don't want Cunliffe as our P.M. I'd suggest that is about the same amount of NZ voters that have not got a criminal record.

Keep up the negative campaign Labour as it is absolutely positive for National. I think Key should charge Labour voters more tax each week to actually give them something real to complain against.

Cuzzie, it might look like a concerted effort from the left at the moment, but I suspect it's not Labour that is doing much of it. A private blues musician in Wanganui wrote that Planet Key song, someone in Auckland did the video to match it, in both cases because they were good at these areas, had the gear, did it for free, and had existing political leanings perhaps. No effort was made to halt the song/video until the Hager book came out.

The billboard mods, yes, some of them are too extreme, others are very clever. Labour loses some of theirs too. Lots of those remake images are from 2011 billboards, past tense. The rule with our signs, for example, is that very clever or minor graffiti can stay up for a day or two, but bad defacing has to come down immediately.

As far as the left are concerned, Kiwiblog and Whale Oil have been far too organised and on the money with their tips and jibes for several years. It's no wonder there is going to be a public backlash from anyone who normally votes Labour. They're not all polite.

Cameron Slater wasn't, was he.

Winston Peters on TV tonight: great with the sound bite as usual. He made the point that

Nicky Hager didn't write that book, the National Party (and their bloggers) did.

That's true, Hager only added comments sparingly.
    Last edited by elZorro; 16-08-2014 at 08:09 PM.

Legend

The Dim Post (great name) blog has a summary of Nicky Hager's book (Dirty Politics).

http://dimpost.wordpress.com/2014/08...itics-summary/

Add all this up, it's not a very good picture at all.

If Key has lost it, Cunliffe never had it.

Last paragraph of this article makes a good point.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/election-2...ectid=11309981

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    What this video shows is how incompetent government departments are when it comes to securing ICT assets. Not Labour as you assert. Labour were using ICT services from a government department supplied set of servers.

See how easily you are fooled Cuzzie. You sucked up the sleaze without any knowledge of how ICT work. Not Labour. Silly government. Or did someone in government ensure the front door was left open? Damn! This is looking like Watergate more and more.

It also shows that a theft could be achieved relatively easily.

And ... here's the rub ... Cameron Slater's emails show that he did steal information.

Further, the emails show that Slater (who isn't that flash with technology as this video shows but he likes to think he's a guru) was assisted in his theft by a person in John Key's sphere and is no employed directly by the National party. So did government ensure the front door was left open so Slater could walk through?

Further, did Slater ensure all those credit cards he shows in the video were cancelled before he posted this? Do you know, Cuzzie? If he didn't then this alone is evidence of a crime.

Which makes me begin to wonder ... Why exactly wasn't this guy charged? What's he got on the government?
    No wrong, completely wrong and you're in I.T! Based on your argument, you just stole info from me by doing a quote from something I said in the open here on S.T. The Labour website was left open and an open website is not illegal to view or quote from. Hager's involvement in hacking another person's computer is completely illegal as we will see shortly. Maybe Slater should go to somebody that champions privacy and spying - that could be - well that is Nicky Hager himself. Nicky Hager is now the biggest ever hypocrite the planet has ever seen and should now be known as the Hager syndrome. BTW belg, if there is anything else you need to know for your I.T company, just give me a yell, glad to help.

Legend

Bitterly disappointed today- the SST has not done much with the Hager book at all. Sort of skirted around it. I thought that by now they'd have read it through, summarised it, done some background checks for veracity. Instead, I didn't learn anything new.

Ali Ikram had a very interesting commentary though - see "Jarring Note from Jaffa" on page A15.

..(National runs interference).. The desired message was the world is full of wackos, so"vote Key"!

This is the reason Dirty Politics may not jump the gap and erode support for the Nats. Deep down, conservatives don't vote for politicians because they are nice, or terribly pure. They don't secretly believe that Judith Collins is at this moment baking for the destitute.

Instead, for them, their way of life is precious, but also precarious. An election, then, equates to the choice of the best guard dog.

For some reason I thought of you, FP, when I read that.

Another article which did give me a bit of hope for the future was Rod Oram's "Growth Quandary" on the last page of the business section. Rod is not timid on the future prospects of NZ, he is ambitious and positive.

If this is what we want, (basic commodities and natural resources marketing), National is offering a perfect set of conservative policies to keep delivering it: 1980s monetary policy that controls inflation but to the detriment of the dollar and interest rates and thus export competitiveness; a superannuation time bomb; and tax policy that skews investment to property and away from production.

Moreover, National offers R&D grants to a few companies at the expense of wider innovation; incentives for more natural resource depletion and commodity production; and declining investment in science in real terms, as shown in the government's draft 10-year science funding strategy.

Or, if we want a sophisticated, wealthy economy, Labour and greens are offering progressive policies to trigger the shift: a modern monetary policy that targets inflation and our external competitiveness; and compulsory superannuation that deepens our capital base and adds another tool to monetary policy to help take pressure off interest rates and the dollar.

Moreover, they also offer a capital gains tax to help level the investment playing field; and science, education, skills, investment , R&D policies that help companies develop high value products and invest in new areas such as clean technology.

This is our starkest choice in economic policy in decades.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    It's not ok. And it's way worse in Canada. And it makes me sad it's happening in NZ now too. Thought I was in a country where people knew a bit better. And you guys are a consequence of these actions as you are sounding like the raving loonies over there as well.

There's a million more things important in life than being a keyboard warrior for politicianswe all hate anyways. But my words won't do anything anyways, as going on like this is like an addiction once you've started.

I dare you to add up the hours you spend on here defending the indefensible. Then think about how much good that would do for a charity if you committed to them.

*shakes head and leaves room*
    Moosie, you'd better think a bit harder about politics. Don't you realise that if Labour get in, all the lower paid workers in NZ will get an instant pay increase, and that will be paid for by employers. It's starting to redress the inequality in NZ straight away. If the Greens come in with Labour, they'll make sure the rental house WOF gets off the ground, and probably a lot more houses will be upgraded and insulated. The KiwiBuild programme will train and soak up a lot of currently unemployed people, the retail/trade sector will be boosted by it, and people in Auckland and Christchurch in particular, might have a better chance of owning a house.

I'll continue to spend as much time as I can to try and get a Labour coalition across the line on Sept 20th. It's the most charitable thing I can do.

Was Jason Ede the guy who first spotted the vulnerabilities in Labour's servers?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11310131
    Last edited by elZorro; 17-08-2014 at 11:45 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post

Another article which did give me a bit of hope for the future was Rod Oram's "Growth Quandary" on the last page of the business section. Rod is not timid on the future prospects of NZ, he is ambitious and positive.

Rod Oram is the most depressing and depressed, severely pessimistic person I have ever encountered.
    I've been to the odd thing where he has been a speaker. After 10 minutes of his droning on in a monotonous monologue about all the bad things which of course are the govt's fault, I'm looking for the staircase to the roof if it's a high enough building to jump off - or if not a bit of cord and a balcony. Even reading his opinions shows his permanently negative attitude coming through. Very bad for your mental health, is Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Moosie, you'd better think a bit harder about politics. Don't you realise that if Labour get in, all the lower paid workers in NZ will get an instant pay increase, and that will be paid for by employers. It's starting to redress the inequality in NZ straight away. If the Greens come in with Labour, they'll make sure the rental house WOF gets off the ground, and probably a lot more houses will be upgraded and insulated. The KiwiBuild programme will train and soak up a lot of currently unemployed people, the retail/trade sector will be boosted by it, and people in Auckland and Christchurch in particular, might have a better chance of owning a house.

I'll continue to spend as much time as I can to try and get a Labour coalition across the line on Sept 20th. It's the most charitable thing I can do.

Was Jason Ede the guy who first spotted the vulnerabilities in Labour's servers?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11310131
    Not just the low paid getting a pay rise .....those already on the new touted rates will get caries as well to maintain relativity .....antigen those on 25 bucks an hour and then those on 30 bucks and son on