sharetrader
Page 358 of 1756 FirstFirst ... 2583083483543553563573583593603613623684084588581358 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 17558

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well Winner69,it looks as though you are getting your wicked way!!!!
    Heartland are taking a 10% shareholding in HarMoney NZ's only licensed peer-to-per lending platform.
    I note HarMoney have a very experienced board.
    Market seems to like it .....whoopee

Keep the announcements coming ......excitement boosts the shareprice, good

Maybe the FMA man has a point. from todays paper - "....the boss of New Zealand's market watchdog reckons it is time to "turn down the music" in case bullish investor confidence spills over into recklessness."

Confidence is good for HNZ ....but not reckless in pumping up the share price.

Ironically a better market response to this announcement than the Seniors one. One make a bit of money, one will make heaps. Strange world eh

Over a buck by weeks end

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Wonder what's next?

Are they still keen on Motor Trade Finance if they can stitch a deal together?

Got to keep pushing ahead dont they
    Yes they are keen for further acquisitions.
    They have proven with merging three companies to form Heartland,the takeover of PGW Finance, and Sentinel REL they have the expertise in this field.
    Motor Trade Finance would make an excellent fit with Marac,so long as "the MTF fish hooks" with the commerce commission are sorted satisfactorily.
    All the time they are looking to be "the best" rather than "the biggest" bank which is most important for us shareholders.

At 1.54pm today $1.00
    SCOTTY

Default Finally

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    At 1.54pm today $1.00

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Bear View Post
    Does this still qualify for the beer?

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    A farmer has more sense than add to his mortgage.Better and cheaper going for a shorter term livestock or seasonal loan,or equipment loan.
    If farmers using short term finance from the likes of Heartland , instead of ramping up the mortgage, is true then I am sorry to say it is not Heartland that is getting the business. Heartland acquired PGG Wrightson Finance in August 2011. Since then Heartland's 'agriculture' loans and 'forestry and fishing' loans (FY2014, table 37) have 'grown' like this:

Jun 2012 Jun 2013 Jun 2014
    Agriculture $520.4m $499.9m $469.0m
    Forestry/Fishing $35.7m $29.7m $22.3m

All this remember in what has been widely reported as the best environment for farming in many years. So if this is what has happened to Heartland's exposure in 'good times', what on earth is going to happen if things start to get tough?

Heartland is getting a reputation for acquiring niche businesses. I wonder what would happen if Heartland paid more attention to the niches they are already operating in?

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 08-09-2014 at 02:35 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Looks like there is a lot of buy pressure as well. Definitely one of my favourite shares.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Does this still qualify for the beer?
    Already had free beer, thanks again Percy.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Bear View Post
    Already had free beer, thanks again Percy.
    My pleasure Cool Bear.
    Belgarion.Sorry to see you go.I think you must have done well.Happen to think you will be back,as I think there is a long way to go here yet?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Jun 2012 Jun 2013 Jun 2014
    Agriculture $520.4m $499.9m $469.0m
    Forestry/Fishing $35.7m $29.7m $22.3m

All this remember in what has been widely reported as the best environment for farming in many years. So if this is what has happened to Heartland's exposure in 'good times', what on earth is going to happen if things start to get tough?
    I assumed Farmers paid off debt in good times. If they had negative cashflow after last seasons huge payout, they will be in big trouble this season.