sharetrader
Page 534 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3443448452453053153253353453553653753854458463410341534 ... LastLast
Results 5,331 to 5,340 of 16077
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Disappointing that the normally articulate and good finance spokesman for Labour is not willing to respond to this http://www.nzshareholders.co.nz/pdf/...%201%20pdf.pdf from the NZ Shareholders Association. The letter was sent on22 August and a reminder on 4 September, but no answer so far.
    There's no hurry. You'll get an answer long before Mr. Parker gets too near treasury.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Disappointing that the normally articulate and good finance spokesman for Labour is not willing to respond to this http://www.nzshareholders.co.nz/pdf/...%201%20pdf.pdf from the NZ Shareholders Association. The letter was sent on22 August and a reminder on 4 September, but no answer so far.
    I can answer for him if you want:

The expert panel will decide the details of the policy. How difficult is that.
    Given the limited details Labour have provided, and the conflicting details provided by Greens, plus whatever input the other minors have, there is no why CGT can be implemented, including consutlation that would be required with something like this, in less than 2 years.

[QUOTE=westerly;503666]
    Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    You guys have totally unrealistic expectations. Do you seriously expect any sane person to give you a whole lot of details on something that MAY happen in 3 years time? Joke! What happens if the wholemilk milk powder price drops another 40%? Or rises by 60%? I hope you guys aren't running round making detailed promises for May 2017 in your personal lives!

On the other hand Cunliffe is making promises for what would happen straight after the election i.e. 3 months time yet he didn't even know if family trust houses would be subject to CGT and had recklessly overestimated the yield of CGT by 50%!

P.S. I have to totally agree with what Iceman said about Belge. It's a pity we can't have a scientific poll to show the Moderator how deeply unpopular Belg is. He is congenitally unable to debate anything without immediately getting into deeply insulting personal abuse. I suppose the Mod thinks it supplies "interest". On a parallel basis we could bring back Stalin and Hitler as well as the self proclaimed Caliph of ISIS to provide interest.

In the meantime Craic and the others who have done it could advise us what to do to simply stop seeing anything Belge posts while continuing to read all the other non Rottweiler/Pit Bull Terrier posts of well adjusted posters. And compared to Belge even El Zorro etc seem to be quite balanced and sane. Quote

Then why mention tax cuts at all if it is so problematic?

As for Belge. He is no worse or better than some of the right wing posters. More an attempt to remove one of the few left leaning posters. Harden up.

westerly
    Actually he is a lot worse as many people have noted. Also when Belge responds to one post with 5 consecutive posts of his own he just ruins the board as a debating vehicle, suffocates everyone else who wants to say something. You omitted that Westerly. There have been a number of extreme left wing posters who have been banned such as RMB Brave - why not Belge? Why is he "special" in terms of his treatment?

Did cuzzie come back for one post then immediately get banned again?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Banksie View Post
    Did cuzzie come back for one post then immediately get banned again?
    It would appear so, Banksie.

Although I'm not sure if anyone on the right side of this thread can even see what I'm writing, as there has been a spate of poster blocking going on. Is this an extreme example of censorship by the right, where only their viewpoints are to be heard? Maybe I can help.

Trickle down theory. All hail John Key. At the end of the day, a small tax cut in three years time is the surest way that NZers can know that National's policies are working. The wealthiest 5% of NZers pay 95% of the tax. Bludgers on the dole have it too easy. Labour got us into this mess, but golly gosh, National is going to get us out of it. Who cares about a bit of dirty politics, everyone is doing it. John Key is such a nice, affable, statesman-like guy. Bill English is a steady hand on the helm, who always answers questions.

Advanced Member

This poster is reading you El Zorro. I have no doubt that you are deluded from the wonderful view you have of Labour but I need to watch my investments. So today I called in and voted for Garth McVicar and the Conservative party. It probably means that the Labour candidate will win in Napier but he is a yard or two ahead of most of the rest of his mob.

IMO

Cheers zorro. Im bemused and a little dismayed at how kiwis are being so passive and accepting of whats going on; where has assertive nZ gone.Its like many have been hypnotised into questioning nothing and numbingly accepting their fate; perish the thought but the psych spin merchants appear to have easily subdued this country. BUT anything can happen in these last days and there is no smoke without fire; heres hoping for a dawning backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    It would appear so, Banksie.

Although I'm not sure if anyone on the right side of this thread can even see what I'm writing, as there has been a spate of poster blocking going on. Is this an extreme example of censorship by the right, where only their viewpoints are to be heard? Maybe I can help.

Trickle down theory. All hail John Key. At the end of the day, a small tax cut in three years time is the surest way that NZers can know that National's policies are working. The wealthiest 5% of NZers pay 95% of the tax. Bludgers on the dole have it too easy. Labour got us into this mess, but golly gosh, National is going to get us out of it. Who cares about a bit of dirty politics, everyone is doing it. John Key is such a nice, affable, statesman-like guy. Bill English is a steady hand on the helm, who always answers questions.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    This poster is reading you El Zorro. I have no doubt that you are deluded from the wonderful view you have of Labour but I need to watch my investments. So today I called in and voted for Garth McVicar and the Conservative party. It probably means that the Labour candidate will win in Napier but he is a yard or two ahead of most of the rest of his mob.
    Hi Craic, thanks for that. I really liked the use of his *N*A*S*H* and fire truck ideas, he's captured the imagination of the electorate and there are a lot of people behind him. Hamish McDoull in Whanganui is another strong candidate who is very bright too, and deserves to win on his third attempt.

That small bet we have, it's just on the Napier electorate, not the whole country, isn't it?

Thanks for your comments JT, another friendly voice in the wilderness..

Interesting data from The Standard. http://thestandard.org.nz/more-nat-lies/
    Last edited by elZorro; 09-09-2014 at 08:08 PM.

Legend

This deserves its own post. The teaching profession seems to be under siege by the government.

http://networkonnet.wordpress.com/20...-introduction/

Here's a link to a TV documentary on "The Hollow Men". It pays to keep history in mind.

http://www.nzonscreen.com/title/the-hollow-men-2008
    Last edited by elZorro; 09-09-2014 at 10:17 PM.

Advanced Member

the teaching profession is probably further to the left than the wharfies were and they have been there for many decades.