sharetrader
Page 549 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 4944949953954554654754854955055155255355959964910491549 ... LastLast
Results 5,481 to 5,490 of 16077
    Advanced Member

And what happens if the result is a complete rout of the opposition? What if Winston loses and Craig gets over the line? What if Harawira fails to regain his seat. All of that would be just as entertaining. But maybe not for the left? I'm off the wine at present as part of a diet but if my wishes come true then on Sunday morning there will be a heap of empty bottles and a big smile on my face - even if I am still unconcious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    I am no doubting he will form a government( of sorts). But I suspect its going to be a strange kind of pyrrhic victory for him, an unpleasant stressful time, trying to accommodate Winston, the right wing of the National Party, looming economic problems, let alone the machinations of younger aspiring leaders ( especially Paula Bennett and Michael Woodhouse)within his cabinet who will be jockeying for power in the post John Key world.
    I almost feel sorry for the man. An immensely entertaining though sad spectacle awaits for those who observe politics. By 2017 I am sure he will have wished he had folded his tent in 2014

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I reckon he will get Tony Ryall's job in a couple of weeks !
    Possibly - he certainly knows his way round the hospital world.

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    And what happens if the result is a complete rout of the opposition? What if Winston loses and Craig gets over the line? What if Harawira fails to regain his seat. All of that would be just as entertaining. But maybe not for the left? I'm off the wine at present as part of a diet but if my wishes come true then on Sunday morning there will be a heap of empty bottles and a big smile on my face - even if I am still unconcious.
    Craic

having to listen to John Key speeches for another 3 years will be a far more effective way to send me to sleep than either my Bombay Sapphire or Johnny Walker

Hearing the infighting in a cobbleded together left would send me to bed..

Quote Originally Posted by slimwin View Post
    Hearing the infighting in a cobbleded together left would send me to bed..
    slim
    Nah, John Key wins hands down, once he has repeated " at the end of the day" several times you find yourself in a deep slumber

"Will the real slimwin please stand up!"

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainm...ectid=11325727

Advanced Member

I am stunned to learn that someone on this forum wastes time listening to speeches by politicians. And I am just as surprised to learn that there are still people who drink Johnny Walker. I sipped my way through a bottle of Grants recently - straight - and then in a moment of madness bought a bottle of JW Red Label - I was in Australia and away from my own supply. It was terrible and it took me a week to get through it. As to Bombay Sapphire, read a book - I think it's called "Lady Geneva" and it covers the period when half the cities of England remained in a plastered state all day on gin, often paid as wages. QUOTE=Sgt Pepper;504931]Craic

having to listen to John Key speeches for another 3 years will be a far more effective way to send me to sleep than either my Bombay Sapphire or Johnny Walker[/QUOTE]

I think the National Party will need several bottles of Johhny Walker now that that they are being sued by Enimen for breach of copyright. If Enimen is successful they will have to have some serious fundraising to pay the damages..

whats Oravidas number again????

If the National Party is unsuccessful in its defence of copyright infringement should it also, like Dot Com, be extradited to the United States??
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 16-09-2014 at 07:00 PM.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Banksie, when you boil it all down, what's your number one reason for voting left of center?