sharetrader
Page 40 of 326 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by satan View Post
    And still rising, like its attached to a balloon. Hope nzspeak has reset his stop loss, surely its getting ahead of itself?
    Hi I was just talking to a friend about this stock and wondering the exact same thing. I put together a quick valuation on this stock over on my blog. It's rough but I think this stock may have gotten way ahead of itself. I could be wrong though, always looking for ways to improve my valuations.

FPH Valuation

Bought in at $2.00, close to my heart.........Will hold...

Quote Originally Posted by samdaman View Post
    Hi I was just talking to a friend about this stock and wondering the exact same thing. I put together a quick valuation on this stock over on my blog. It's rough but I think this stock may have gotten way ahead of itself. I could be wrong though, always looking for ways to improve my valuations.

FPH Valuation
    Quick check with the Financial Times - analysts 12 month targets are between $3.78 and $6.90 (with a median of $5.50). Consensus recommendation "Hold". Personally I think that the trend over the last year was mainly a self full filling prophecy (too many TA-punters on the stock?) and the current price is inflated. However difficult to predict when a bubble will burst - can take weeks, months, years ...

The 2 year trend looks great, but if you take the 5 year picture it looks different - did we just reach the peak?

Discl: Watching - and prepared to buy in at a reasonable price (not now ...).
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 27-12-2014 at 02:18 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

FPH Valuation
    That’s interesting Samdaman, I was this morning going through a similar exercise to try and reconcile why Craig’s had picked FPH for 2015 as I cannot resolve a comfortable DCF above $4.55.

I get the two year chart, the momentum and the USD story, and it may be that sentiment carries FPH forward further ?

The brokers have better access to company information than the rest of us and what can seem mysterious can be news yet to manifest, but from a valuation perspective with what’s on the table at present the SP seems increasingly stretched about here unless we are about to see a quantum leap in sales or margin growth or both, are we ?

Guru

Those growth rates might be a bit low as the may get that with currency rate movements alone. What's growth been the last few years? (10% the last 2 years but flat the previous 3 years)

Holding and thinking of locking in half my gains.

FPH Valuation
    Thats a great blog Sam,keep it up,I like it.

Banned

FPH Valuation
    Hey Sam, good to see you're still going at it and on ST! One point: have you considered the impact of continuef USD strength on earnings? This is a major headwind for FPH and I see no end to it anytime soon.

Cheers,

BFG (ex-Moose)

Banned

My system's valuation of FPH is $2.79, similar to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Hey Sam, good to see you're still going at it and on ST! One point: have you considered the impact of continuef USD strength on earnings? This is a major headwind for FPH and I see no end to it anytime soon.

Cheers,

BFG (ex-Moose)
    Not specifically. However my estimates were very large and the value came out quite under the current price I.e their cash flows would need to grow significantly larger YOY to be valued near the $6 mark. The growth in FCFs (at least for my spreadsheet of smoke and mirrors) would need to be around 12% annually. If you're confident on that sort of growth then I can see the stock being fairly valued currently.

Cheers mate
    Sam

Banned

Not specifically. However my estimates were very large and the value came out quite under the current price I.e their cash flows would need to grow significantly larger YOY to be valued near the $6 mark. The growth in FCFs (at least for my spreadsheet of smoke and mirrors) would need to be around 12% annually. If you're confident on that sort of growth then I can see the stock being fairly valued currently.

Cheers mate
    Sam
    True. I'd suspect if the fair value estimate is much lower than the actual price then something else is driving the price upwards, hence my suggestion of the USD appreciation over the past 8 months.

Either that or someone with too much capital likes to play the moving average lines upwards, meaning the market is totally inefficient!

Remember, when a stock is priced to perfection, any reason is a reason to sell