sharetrader
Page 45 of 209 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    Unless the cat was called Billabong, in which case you would have been better of getting a new kitten as the old one would have been almost dead from old age before it bounced back
    Attachment 6626
    I remember that bounce very well. If you had the balls to buy in @ 10 cents at its low you had a 6 bagger after a few weeks as it jumped back to the 60s. That was a pretty epic bounce but was fuelled by a cocktail of fear, large shorts (excuse the pun) and finally saved by MASSIVE cost cutting, so very rarely happens. If you time it very well you can profit big time

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    Unless the cat was called Billabong, in which case you would have been better of getting a new kitten as the old one would have been almost dead from old age before it bounced back
    Attachment 6626
    Ouch, a few people lost their shirt / skirt there didn't they !! I've never been a fan of companies that make brand name apparel and / or merchandise. What's hot one minute is suddenly out of fashion and then... Always exceptions to the rule though. Louis Vuitton seemed to have done a bit of alright don't they !

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    I remember that bounce very well. If you had the balls to buy in @ 10 cents at its low you had a 6 bagger after a few weeks as it jumped back to the 60s. That was a pretty epic bounce but was fuelled by a cocktail of fear, large shorts (excuse the pun) and finally saved by MASSIVE cost cutting, so very rarely happens. If you time it very well you can profit big time
    Mistime it and you can lose your shirt, trousers and undies. Kittens are eminently more likeable than old cats
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-12-2014 at 09:51 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Ouch, a few people lost their shirt / skirt there didn't they !! I've never been a fan of companies that make brand name apparel and / or merchandise. What's hot one minute is suddenly out of fashion and then... Always exceptions to the rule though. Louis Vuitton seemed to have done a bit of alright don't they !
    Totally agree. Very cyclical in nature as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Mistime it and you can lose your shirt, trousers and undies. Kittens are eminently more likeable than old cats
    Oh yes indeed. An element of luck in there as well, mixed in with seeing a totally undetvalued asset and massively oversold chart. Boot in investor psychology and you've got a perfect mix for high volatility!

PS -I'm a dog man myself. Big fluffy ones. Lassies are preferred if you are in the giving spirit

Certain irony the former CEO gets a bundle and a half of shares under a long term incentive scheme shortly after the share price collapses.

Management interests aligned with driving shareholder returns (sustainable long term returns that is) .....yeah right

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Certain irony the former CEO gets a bundle and a half of shares under a long term incentive scheme shortly after the share price collapses.

Management interests aligned with driving shareholder returns (sustainable long term returns that is) .....yeah right
    What's the strike price?

Looks like every man and his dog in the pigs trough as the notices roll out

Doubt all will say they deserve this bonus

What's the strike price?
    Shares for free, for doing a good job

Totally agree. Very cyclical in nature as well.
    Oh yes indeed. An element of luck in there as well, mixed in with seeing a totally undetvalued asset and massively oversold chart. Boot in investor psychology and you've got a perfect mix for high volatility!
    PS -I'm a dog man myself. Big fluffy ones. Lassies are preferred if you are in the giving spirit
    Bang on mate, extreme volatility. Not for the faint hearted that's for sure.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-12-2014 at 11:00 AM.

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Shares for free, for doing a good job
    Enough script to wallpaper their own dunnies.

Good jobbie.
    h2

Anyone have any clues why SP for this is drilling the depths? A huge drop and div yield is piquing my interest.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz