sharetrader
Page 419 of 1755 FirstFirst ... 3193694094154164174184194204214224234294695199191419 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,190 of 17544

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    It is with pleasure, I announce the new President of The Heartland Rampers R Us Society is Bunter.
    On behalf of all HNZRRUs, may I congratulate Bunter,and look forward with anticipation to his forceful and profitable leadership.
    Just think is 188 and PE of 14 gives EPS just over 13 cents

That's a reasonable forecast for FY16

Maybe bunter on the ball with his valuation ...... esp as deposit rates are falling fast amd punters will want a decent dividend

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Just think is 188 and PE of 14 gives EPS just over 13 cents

That's a reasonable forecast for FY16

Maybe bunter on the ball with his valuation ...... esp as deposit rates are falling fast amd punters will want a decent dividend
    Winner69 for Vice President.!!!!!
    EPS up from 11cps to 13cents is 18% growth,so PE of 14 maybe a little modest?
    Come on Roger.You do want to be on the committee?
    Last edited by percy; 17-01-2015 at 08:46 PM.

Even more than 13 cents mate when that eps accretive acquisition comes through

How much make out of GE or that Motor outfit? Heaps along with synergies and could even borrow to do that instead of asking us for some cash

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Even more than 13 cents mate when that eps accretive acquisition comes through

How much make out of GE or that Motor outfit? Heaps along with synergies and could even borrow to do that instead of asking us for some cash
    Bunter and you have certainly got me revising my projections.!
    Earnings accretive acquisition with synergies.Exciting future.
    Last edited by percy; 17-01-2015 at 09:20 PM.

Advanced Member

Bunter and you have certainly got me revising my projections.!
    Earnings accretive acquisition with synergies.Exciting future.
    May I suggest percy..

Your next purchase should be a packet of incontinence pants ???..

Becoming far to exciting for old folks like us :-)))

percy

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    May I suggest percy..

Your next purchase should be a packet of incontinence pants ???..

Becoming far to exciting for old folks like us :-)))
    I don't think "a" packet would be enough????!!!!!!!! lol.

So we agree bunters 188 is not outrageous as implies 13 cents eps in FY16 say

That would be only be a 11% ROE and Jeff wants to do better doesn't he

Maybe 2 bucks bunter?

Hmm, there is a touch of "irrational exuberance" about on this fine sunny day. I think it is time for Dr Snoopy to manage our expectations.

Crikey this rampersareus club makes me a bit giddy....might be the vertigo of such lofty expectations or the hangover from last night...reaching for his trusty abacus. Better put me down as the independent treasurer...I think I'll set the first years membership fees as...let me see...we all have to shout each other a of round of beers when we next meet up....hmmm so as membership grows so does the fun...hmmm that could be a problem if membership really grows...NO wait a minute, legend has it Forest is very good at driving drunk investors home after ASM's so we'll all be okay

Now moving on to the second order of business...what's the EPS for 2015. Brokers have this as 9.9 cps but coverage is so poor I think they all put their junior analysts fresh out of diapers on this so us trusty seasoned professional investors know far better and this thing builds like a snowball over time. Any old fool or old accountant even, can do the maths $11m Q1, $12m Q2, $13m Q3 and $14mQ4. Quite obviously those silly analysts have never heard of a trusty abacus. So that's sorted then, we have $50m for 2015 giving about 11 cps. I wonder where that puts the SP in mid 2015 with talk of acquisitions, buy-backs, synergies, special divvy's, maybe even the possibility of a takeover...opps sorry I digress.

Third order of business 2016 profit. Lets see. $15m for Q1 $16m for Q2..., does anyone else see this secret growth pattern ...(this is easy isn't it, we hardly even need a treasurer on this committee, sshhh i'd better not tell the other committee members that, opps did I really say that out loud)..so we have $66m for 2016 and on only 420m shares, (the stupid idiots who sold that lucrative HER business were even more stupid to allow the company to buy back their shares back in mid 2015), so this gives 15.71 cps. Now let me see...what's a fair PE ?...some of those banks in Aussie are on 15, that's seems fair to me.
    So we're all good for 15 x 15.71 cps = $2.35 by mid 2016. Opps, does that run me a risk of being appointed Chairman

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Hmm, there is a touch of "irrational exuberance" about on this fine sunny day.
    HNZ went up 39% in the year ending Friday. Add a 5c FI div and you have a 49% ROI, after tax, assuming you're not a trader.

Who's to say it won't do the same in the coming year?

A year ago the system valuation was 1.28 - laughable then, reasonable now.

re: 1.88 valuation... it just went up, from 1.52, because of the sharp fall in 5 yr deposit rates.
    It assumes a long-term dividend growth of 12% (which is relatively high).

This valuation system is likely to be wildly wrong sometimes.
    It's skewed towards high yielding stocks.
    It can give valuations that are well above or well below market. I like that about it.