sharetrader
Page 72 of 146 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast

Sad, but not surprised, thats why I pulled out my small investment after reading the epa first come back and what there criteria was, basically they where never going to have enough proof, no matter what, it was ridiculous the amount of info they wanted.
    The reality is its going to release a small plume of mud in the middle of nowhere, thats basically it, one fishing boat would do more damage to the bottom in one day then this was going to do in years of mining. Speaking as both a dredger and x commercial fisherman.
    The epa is a joke that will say no to anything with mining in it, even when its good for the environment, arent some of them green party members, that leaked this info months ago anyway, bias anyone?
    The only good thing that may come out of this is will be if the epa is disbanded.

Interesting depth: 3.5 Million Bids (at average 0.3 cents), but only 1.6 (odd) million Sells (at average 7 cents). Somebody seems to smell a deep value game?

Discl: 2 hot 4 me.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Are you serious? Luckily it people who actually understand the likely impact that make these decisions.
    Middle of no-where huh. What is that supposed to mean. Easy one liner that has no actual bearing.
    Listen to your self. " one fishing boat would do more damage to the bottom in one day then this was going to do in years of mining.".
    The ignorance of this statement speaks for itself.

Nice summary Food4thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfish View Post
    Sad, but not surprised, thats why I pulled out my small investment after reading the epa first come back and what there criteria was, basically they where never going to have enough proof, no matter what, it was ridiculous the amount of info they wanted.
    The reality is its going to release a small plume of mud in the middle of nowhere, thats basically it, one fishing boat would do more damage to the bottom in one day then this was going to do in years of mining. Speaking as both a dredger and x commercial fisherman.
    The epa is a joke that will say no to anything with mining in it, even when its good for the environment, arent some of them green party members, that leaked this info months ago anyway, bias anyone?
    The only good thing that may come out of this is will be if the epa is disbanded.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Are you serious? Luckily it people who actually understand the likely impact that make these decisions.
    Middle of no-where huh. What is that supposed to mean. Easy one liner that has no actual bearing.
    Listen to your self. " one fishing boat would do more damage to the bottom in one day then this was going to do in years of mining.".
    The ignorance of this statement speaks for itself.

Nice summary Food4thought.
    Rubbish, have you seen the damage a bottom trawler does compared to a dredge, maybe a slight exaggeration when I said years, but the point remains.

Id say that hundred of kms off the coast is middle of nowhere, if not where is.

They where never going to approve this, no matter how little impact it had on the environment, hence I got my money out, and I was correct to.
    If it was up to people like them and you we would still be living in caves.

Default Sea Floor, not Free Floor

Would this also open up a precedent for other commercial dredging of the sea floor for "important materials" and also be a turn to situation for the dredge fishing industry? Whats so bad about fishing.... these guys are ripping up the ocean floor (they do rely on each other at the end of the day).

I don't eat commercial caught fish, as I worked for a company for 3 years and am not in favour of their practice. I am a keen water hobby activity part taker, and have seen the damage that dredging, over fishing and a lack of compassion for the *free* environment that this type of industry relies on. Sure it is a small portion on the surface area of the sea floor... but the imbalance dredging creates is measurable... you can't contain the plumes of run off, and prevent the deposition of this material at a very fast rate in other areas (unnatural underwater pollution), due to currents. The bottom of the sea floor is rather hard to disturb at depths naturally. I think the impact is much greater than what CRP would like to admit.

Banned

Sad day, but all too predictable based on EPA actions and CCs track record.

Wonder if Sorehead and Joyce are lining up for shares now that it's more than likely to end up being a shell?

Taking it to HC has a 99% chance of failure.

Never seen a stock plummet so badly in one day. Commiserations to MAC & Croesus.

YAH, you are insane.

That is all!

We drank our champagne and it was quite nice too.

Wasn't really a celebration of 'winning', more of relief that a sensible decision was reached.

Glad the effort in making a submission helped the cause.
    Last edited by winner69; 11-02-2015 at 07:17 PM.

IMO

Hats off to you being proactive winner.

Advanced Member

I have never held CRP but obviously glad I don't but gee some of you are really wise after the event!

IMO

who in particular tim. Have you been following the threads?