sharetrader
Page 70 of 241 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast

Wondering what will happen tomorrow?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by babymonster View Post
    Why little vol going down is good?
    Shows little follow through from sellers (ie sentiment is still good).

good day so far for CEN.. wonder i shall cash my profit.. more than 10% in 3 weeks.. or shall i wait for the dividend..

1H2015 not good....

Missed by that much

Not as bad as it looks. Increased depreciation from bringing TeMihi into the portfolio and a sudden large drop in retail customers following the changeover to their new billing system. But reading the chairman's comments, that has already started to change back in CEN's favour.

It appears CEN were ready for this result by concentrating on cash flow rather than earnings for the past 6 months.

Hopefully they can do better in 2H, just like a few years back.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    Not as bad as it looks. Increased depreciation from bringing TeMihi into the portfolio and a sudden large drop in retail customers following the changeover to their new billing system. But reading the chairman's comments, that has already started to change back in CEN's favour.

It appears CEN were ready for this result by concentrating on cash flow rather than earnings for the past 6 months.
    I think it is every bit as bad as it looks. What the hell does "fair value for financial instruments" mean? Excuse the pun but it's a shocker.

Power companies have been justifying their price increases for years on the basis of building future capacity. Trouble is there is a glut of supply which could get worse if the ali smelter goes offline. (Worse being better for consumers!)
    Last edited by jonu; 16-02-2015 at 10:00 AM. Reason: typo

The Kid

Could get even worse for the big power co's in the future..
    "Tesla’s next innovation could take you off the electric grid. The electric car manufacturer is planning to unveil a new lithium-ion battery pack that homeowners could buy to store and supply their own energy. “We have the design done, and it should start going into production in about six months or so,” Musk said.

http://time.com/3707137/tesla-house-battery/
    Last edited by IAK; 16-02-2015 at 10:18 AM.

Advanced Member

They're paying a dividend, what more do you want. Look at all the poor frustrated posters on the PBU? thread, 840 pages of wind and urine and not a cent to show for it. I think we are still CEN customers.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    They're paying a dividend, what more do you want. Look at all the poor frustrated posters on the PBU? thread, 840 pages of wind and urine and not a cent to show for it. I think we are still CEN customers.
    PBU ?? help wanted