sharetrader
    AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by NT001 View Post
    Dear Mr Darling
    I refer to your news release of today’s date. At the risk of being reported to STMod, may I point out that several contributors on this thread will say this just proves you are a complete idiot and don’t have the slightest idea how to run an offshore sales programme.

I am reliably informed you don’t even know how to match the sales of a lemonade stall, yet here you are wasting shareholders’ money trying to do deals with leading hospitals in Singapore of all places! Actually I have been in contact with a guy who holidays frequently in Northern Thailand, and he says that even if this so-called Tan Tock Seng hospital exists, none of its patients would be able to afford the ridiculous amounts you will no doubt be charging. Dammit, they don't even have health insurance.

Oh, I see, this is just a “trial”. So will you be giving the tests away? Just handing out freebies at our expense? Lucky you. You say it’s “an important beachhead” for entry to the SE Asian regional market. That’s a dead giveaway – you’re going up there to lie on the beach.

You say you’re also “expecting” to work with other leading hospitals and clinics in Singapore. Fact is, you’re just inventing a pretext for taking business-class trips to a tropical resort at sharepayer expense, as some of my well-informed interlocutors have suggested.

I hope you’ll spend your time on the beach absorbing the advice expressed on ShareTrader that we don’t want you succeeding in Singapore. The whole scheme runs completely counter to the considered view of the experts on this site that the SE Asian idea is just a crazy diversion from the programme in the US. In fact it’s just a DECEPTION!!! See? We do not wish to be proved wrong. Please just put your blinkers back on and concentrate solely on your failed sales programme in the USA.

PS: Hope you're taking your melanoma detection kit with you on the beach.
    Excellent work NT. Sarcasm at its best.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Welcome back Minerbarejet. Or is that minerbannedyet?

Anyway, NT001, you obviously think Singapore is a good move, fair enough. What's your theory behind supporting it, do you have some numbers you'd be kind enough to share? Sure it's a beachhead to Asia, but do the numbers stack up?

How about you New Guy and Miner, your thoughts?

Guru

Dear Mr Darling
    I refer to your news release of today’s date. At the risk of being reported to STMod, may I point out that several contributors on this thread will say this just proves you are a complete idiot and don’t have the slightest idea how to run an offshore sales programme.

I am reliably informed you don’t even know how to match the sales of a lemonade stall, yet here you are wasting shareholders’ money trying to do deals with leading hospitals in Singapore of all places! Actually I have been in contact with a guy who holidays frequently in Northern Thailand, and he says that even if this so-called Tan Tock Seng hospital exists, none of its patients would be able to afford the ridiculous amounts you will no doubt be charging. Dammit, they don't even have health insurance.

Oh, I see, this is just a “trial”. So will you be giving the tests away? Just handing out freebies at our expense? Lucky you. You say it’s “an important beachhead” for entry to the SE Asian regional market. That’s a dead giveaway – you’re going up there to lie on the beach.

You say you’re also “expecting” to work with other leading hospitals and clinics in Singapore. Fact is, you’re just inventing a pretext for taking business-class trips to a tropical resort at sharepayer expense, as some of my well-informed interlocutors have suggested.

I hope you’ll spend your time on the beach absorbing the advice expressed on ShareTrader that we don’t want you succeeding in Singapore. The whole scheme runs completely counter to the considered view of the experts on this site that the SE Asian idea is just a crazy diversion from the programme in the US. In fact it’s just a DECEPTION!!! See? We do not wish to be proved wrong. Please just put your blinkers back on and concentrate solely on your failed sales programme in the USA.

PS: Hope you're taking your melanoma detection kit with you on the beach.
    Actually ,Northern Thailand is just one of the places--Ill send you a ''wish you were here'' to cheer you up if you like
    Last edited by skid; 10-06-2015 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    NT001, you obviously think Singapore is a good move, fair enough. What's your theory behind supporting it, do you have some numbers you'd be kind enough to share? Sure it's a beachhead to Asia, but do the numbers stack up?
    No of course I don't have "numbers" myself, but DD has given some, for example in his online shareholder presentation. They indicate there's a worthwhile number of potential patients. But those who appear to oppose any attempt to open up this market would demand far more than that, including precise details of how much will be earned (net) for each test done, etc, and the air fares involved. Apart from the fact that much of this would be commercially sensitive, how would I possibly know? Can you name a company that submits "numbers" publicly to its shareholders for any new deal before going ahead with it?

Some contributors on this thread are steadfastly opposed to anything that DD does and have hangups about him claiming expenses for an air fare, but I am in PEB for a longer haul, not instant 100% success. If I had no confidence in the competence of PEB's management I obviously wouldn't be holding its shares.

DD has also made the point that taking up the Singapore opportunity has other potential benefits in terms of exposure of PEB's product and experience in international markets other than the US. The US market is potentially big but it's not necessarily a model for developing markets elsewhere.

I simply don't accept the notion that until PEB has begun reporting net positive returns from that market, which may yet take a year or two or three for all I know (and may conceivably not happen at all if other products beat Cxbladder in the race for acceptance), it should turn a completely blind eye to all other opportunities elsewhere. What's the rationale for that?

Yahoo analysts have updated revenue estimates.

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/q/ae?s=PEB.NZ

Guru

No of course I don't have "numbers" myself, but DD has given some, for example in his online shareholder presentation. They indicate there's a worthwhile number of potential patients. But those who appear to oppose any attempt to open up this market would demand far more than that, including precise details of how much will be earned (net) for each test done, etc, and the air fares involved. Apart from the fact that much of this would be commercially sensitive, how would I possibly know? Can you name a company that submits "numbers" publicly to its shareholders for any new deal before going ahead with it?

Some contributors on this thread are steadfastly opposed to anything that DD does and have hangups about him claiming expenses for an air fare, but I am in PEB for a longer haul, not instant 100% success. If I had no confidence in the competence of PEB's management I obviously wouldn't be holding its shares.

DD has also made the point that taking up the Singapore opportunity has other potential benefits in terms of exposure of PEB's product and experience in international markets other than the US. The US market is potentially big but it's not necessarily a model for developing markets elsewhere.

I simply don't accept the notion that until PEB has begun reporting net positive returns from that market, which may yet take a year or two or three for all I know (and may conceivably not happen at all if other products beat Cxbladder in the race for acceptance), it should turn a completely blind eye to all other opportunities elsewhere. What's the rationale for that?

They indicate their are worthwhile numbers..I indicated the population and wondered how they came up with that.
    Maybe if they fly the tests it might work?? how much would that add to costs?? Do those questions seem reasonable--(I like to have a good look at things like that rather than take the Gurus word for it) Maybe I could go see him in Singapore and have a chat (probably wouldnt be able to afford staying at the same hotel that you guys put him up in though.)

Your into PEB for the long haul...Great (everyone has their strategy)--That argument that ''management knows what they are doing'' is wearing a bit thin though ATM---There have been enough cock ups that many want to see some evidence of this now. Fair enough?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post

WOW! Almost to their 100mil goal! (hows that for sarcasm Miner)

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post

Wow - I guess the revenue estimate for 2016 is similar to Edison's (8.9m vs 8.4m). However the 2017 estimate (25.7m) appears to be quite optimistic. I guess if it is true (and if PEB turns in 2017 really cash positive as the analyst seems to assume), than the share is currently ways undervalued.

However - would be nice to understand what assumptions the analyst used to come up with this number.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

What I am finding interesting is that over the past few weeks, is that despite small, incremental improvements, from 'ok/good' results, to little announcements like yesterday, to 3 separate analyst [that I have now seen, probably more] being upbeat about the stock, to capital raising cash to keep the balance sheet strong [in the right way as well], people still can't get even remotely excited about the stock... maybe once the capital raising is finished (late this month?) people will then realize "its not all bad".

To me, it seems like in the background, slowly all the dots are being joined together...

Guru

After the capital raising is exactly when things could get ugly--It really depends on how many take up the issue--If alot dont,then the underwriters will be ''caught'' with alot of shares that they then will have to unload.
    If all goes well with the cap raising,as you are no doubt hoping,then it should be a safer situation.
    This is a dangerous period where newbies should use caution.
    There will be plenty of time to have another look if things settle into safer territory.

The SP sitting 1c over the cap issue price is not a great sign
    Last edited by skid; 10-06-2015 at 04:02 PM.