sharetrader

Hybrid View

Cheers for reminding us. I guess most of these rules make a lot of sense - and the reminder is justifiable from the viewpoint of the operator (and given that they pay the bills, they may as well pick the tune). Not sure I understand rule 7, but this is another thread (and not really my concern).

This is however all quite high level stuff and allows for lots of interpretation. I guess I was looking for some a bit more specific guidance on the temporary and permanent banning of members, but that might be too much asked for on a "free" forum.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Cheers for reminding us. I guess most of these rules make a lot of sense - and the reminder is justifiable from the viewpoint of the operator (and given that they pay the bills, they may as well pick the tune). Not sure I understand rule 7, but this is another thread (and not really my concern).

This is however all quite high level stuff and allows for lots of interpretation. I guess I was looking for some a bit more specific guidance on the temporary and permanent banning of members, but that might be too much asked for on a "free" forum.
    Rule 7 probably seeks to avoid the forum becoming a conduit for AFAs and other "paid professionals" and other "non-paid non-professionals" from trying to peddal their wares on the forum. Thereby reducing the likelihood that the forum itself is liable for foolhardy advice given by nicknames on the internet.

In my experience, long winded forum rules don't really amount to much except something for the moderator to point to when they ban you at their discretion on their terms.

Unfortunately you do not pay good consideration to Tarawera Publishing Ltd so there is not very much you can do by way of enforcement of the policy.

Forum moderators usually care very little hearing about member's interpretations of the forum rules once they've decided to ban them...

To conclude: be nice to STMOD because he's really cool and nobody is as cool or smart as STMOD
    'I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.' - G B Shaw