sharetrader
Page 606 of 1754 FirstFirst ... 10650655659660260360460560660760860961061665670611061606 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,060 of 17535

http://www.interest.co.nz/news/77085...credit-profile
    I think people have a right to know this so will post it in a factual way.
    S&P makes quite a significant number of credit rating downgrades on N.Z. financial institutions.
    To be clear, Fitch is the only credit rating agency assigned to HNZ after HNZ removed S&P's authority to rate them last year.
    What Fitch do in regard to HNZ, if anything, remains to be seen.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-08-2015 at 03:45 PM.

Guru

I just brought some at $1.12, small parcel, yes it might have been a small premium to what I could have potentially got it for (eg $1.08) but I think it is "a fair price"... looking forward to results this coming tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    S&P makes quite a significant number of credit rating downgrades on N.Z. financial institutions.
    To be clear, Fitch is the only credit rating agency assigned to HNZ after HNZ removed S&P's authority to rate them last year.
    The agencies do seem to have a tendency to follow each other and seeing Fitch have already made comment on the situation in NZ in the last few months the S&P action might prompt them to be more specific. Anything could happen now.

We just to have wait and see, but no news is good news I suppose.
    Last edited by winner69; 14-08-2015 at 05:07 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Roger surprised you are still following these guys . These are the same companies that rated CDO's AAA going into the GFC ....... If these guys were a stock you would be talking them down like there was no tomorrow .
    I take them with a grain of salt these days , anybody with their nose to the ground can stay ahead of these guys ......

http://theconversation.com/why-we-sh...-agencies-5482

Banned

Well what a week of carnage on the NZX,oh well there's always next week, I didn't want to check my portfolio red arrow tonight because I knew it would have grown to a eye watering size, hopefully a lot of the nervous nellie sellers will settle their nerves over the weekend, a lot of people must be losing heaps by selling at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Well what a week of carnage on the NZX,oh well there's always next week, I didn't want to check my portfolio red arrow tonight because I knew it would have grown to a eye watering size, hopefully a lot of the nervous nellie sellers will settle their nerves over the weekend, a lot of people must be losing heaps by selling at the moment
    Jeez that was carnage this afternoon ....go out for the afternoon when things were positive an come home and things well, carnage it was.

Can't be crash gaining momentum can it? Some punters obviously not wanting to hold over the weekend.

The man on the radio will prob say profit taking ....that's what he always says on these sort of days.
    Last edited by winner69; 14-08-2015 at 05:50 PM.

Banned

Its always profit taking even though people are selling for losses, a waste bucket answer for lazy brokers and analysts who cant be bothered looking into things any deeper.
    Last edited by couta1; 14-08-2015 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Roger surprised you are still following these guys . These are the same companies that rated CDO's AAA going into the GFC ....... If these guys were a stock you would be talking them down like there was no tomorrow .
    I take them with a grain of salt these days , anybody with their nose to the ground can stay ahead of these guys ......

A lot of massive mistakes made in the GFC and the one you've alluded too was undoubtedly one of the biggest. Some companies and organisations learned some very harsh and expensive lessons and are now playing a far more conservative game and S&P is one of them. In terms of staying ahead of them, many will be well aware I've been predicting for some time now Fitch will downgrade HNZ.

Winner, the market certainly has a weaker bias. It's a bit concerning.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-08-2015 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    It'sIt's always profit taking even though people are selling for losses, a waste bucket answer for lazy brokers and analysts who cant be bothered looking into things any deeper.
    The man said it 'rebalancing day' .... all Contacts fault

We be OK next week as excuse #3 comes out 'bargain hunting'

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post

Very pertinent stop loss. I remember the cannibal vampire squid (goldman sachs) and the ratings agencies; who can forget; what a team.As for changing their spots,ha. Do you own research on this and don't accept anyones glossy gospel that things are hunky dory.. These guys brought the world to its knees.

The Credit Rating Controversy - Council on Foreign Relations

Credit Rating Agencies: How to Restore Credibility

Rating the Raters - Bloomberg QuickTake