sharetrader

Hybrid View

I bought some at $2.16. MRP then dropped to below $2.00. So how on earth do you spot the bottom of the market, unless you are Madoff. Or is that Madeoff? I suppose I will watch the market and miss the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    I bought some at $2.16. MRP then dropped to below $2.00. So how on earth do you spot the bottom of the market, unless you are Madoff. Or is that Madeoff? I suppose I will watch the market and miss the bus.
    Does it matter if you don't get in right at the bottom of the market? How much does 16CPS of downside compare against 100+CPS of upside MRP saw from the bottom.
    As long as you have rightly a picked a stock that is trading at a current discount to where it will be in the future, set stops where you are comfortable, stick to them and things might go okay
    There was a poster on here who went in very heavy into MRP @ 1.90. (Belg i think ?)
    They are no longer on ST. I assume they no longer on ST because they sold all their MRP @ $3+ and are now a tropical beach somewhere drinking the proceeds.

Did you still hold your MRP that you get at 2.16 when it went to 3.00?

Quote Originally Posted by axe View Post
    Does it matter if you don't get in right at the bottom of the market? How much does 16CPS of downside compare against 100+CPS of upside MRP saw from the bottom.
    As long as you have rightly a picked a stock that is trading at a current discount to where it will be in the future, set stops where you are comfortable, stick to them and things might go okay
    There was a poster on here who went in very heavy into MRP @ 1.90. (Belg i think ?)
    They are no longer on ST. I assume they no longer on ST because they sold all their MRP @ $3+ and are now a tropical beach somewhere drinking the proceeds.

Did you still hold your MRP that you get at 2.16 when it went to 3.00?
    No. I sold. But not at $3.00. I held on to around 1,000 MRP. But they are now more or less free shares.
    I agree with you, spotting the bottom to buy or the top to sell is impossible. But I am very disappointed not to have held off buying until $1.90! Life can be hard.