sharetrader
Page 398 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 2983483883943953963973983994004014024084484988981398 ... LastLast
Results 3,971 to 3,980 of 20200

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

We've gone completely LA-LA! Hurry, we've got Los Angeles on sale from just $499 one way. (Grabaseat)

game on I guess....

Not bouncing is it?

Ominous
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Dilettante

So daily direct services between LA-AKL from June 2016. This will provide tough competition from NZ, particularly as AIR has been benefiting from Australian business people flying via AKL to get direct flights to USA.

Guru

Maybe just moderate tourism numbers would have been better --so the other competitors would not have decided to jump in.
    It may just take a while for the market (sentiment) to get used to the new scenario.
    Of course,AIR will keep on keeping on with good planes and management--they aint goin anywhere,but fluctuations in SP are just part of the game (It could offer opportunity for some to buy in--(doesnt seem like a yr ago already when they were 1.80) This is not a debate to advise everyone to go out and sell--but its easy to become frustrated when you are counting on $3 and things go differently(the almost monopoly on some routes is not the case anymore). Its a bit like oil--when it drops and the share market dives we all moan but the average Joe celebrates--same with cheaper air prices--They had a grabaseat special to Thailand so i checked--It was the ole price per each way and totaled $1600 RT (I flew $1100 last winter) so they might have to become a bit leaner on that route for those like me that go for price within reason (MAL) --(gettin a bit old for Jetstar though I must add)
    With these new planes Im hopeing they can offer cheaper prices and still make plenty of dosh to keep both SH and average Joe happy!

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Red face Probably been done before

Another Bad AIR Day.

I feel people are too easily frightened by Alan Joyce smiling.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: No AIR

Interesting fact: Air is the Malaysian/Indonesian word for water.
    om mani peme hum

Free fall! Weak hands being shaken out, IMO there was no way this was going to bounce today and still feel there is further downside before sanity prevails.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two Gloves View Post
    Free fall! Weak hands being shaken out, IMO there was no way this was going to bounce today and still feel there is further downside before sanity prevails.
    Yep the rubber bouncy ball I envisioned was really a lead balloon

Might even get to the 250s today at this rate
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Investor

I know its about sentiment and nervousness that's causing this drop. However we have to ask ourselves, is this announcement today worth a 20-30c drop in sp? Me thinks not, just another bad day at office.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yep the rubber bouncy ball I envisioned was really a lead balloon

Might even get to the 250s today at this rate
    some large volume going through in the last hour.

Picked up some at 260, don't worry, we will see some good stuff come out of this airline in the next several months.

I reckon the two new routes they'll announce will be 1 Aussie route (Hobart/Canberra?), 1 Asian (could be a South East Asian one, or maybe Taipei or Seoul)