sharetrader

Thread: Oil Companies

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yes but at the same time good to keep on the watchlist to after JUNE (Tax loss selling) .....HZN one to look over if they can restructure debt they will rocket as they do have low costs per bbl
    Good point but it will depend on what happens to the oil price.

If oil keeps going up in the short term it may have a positive effect on oil stocks.

My favourites are FAR, BRU & OEL but that has been the case for a few years now.

FAR have 15% of what appears to be a massive discovery in Senegal West Africa.

Buru have a very large acreage in the Canning Basin of W.A. and have a recent oil discovery in their Ungani field which should increase production once restarted(oil price and new transport method). They also have what they are calling a world class tight gas prospect which has just had a limited test which they appear to be happy with. They have released their annual report tonight and it is worth a read.

Otto Energy sold out of a production field in the Philippines at the top of the market and have now reinvested some money into Alaska and the Gulf of Mexico. They are currently drilling in G.O.M. And results are expected soon. They should also drill a well in a very prospective lease in Tanzania this year but delays may happen. They should also be doing some work with their partners in Alaska in early 2017 according to their release. They have already doubled in price from a ridiculous price but still have a lot of cash and promise in my opinion.

I am sure there are a lot of stories like the above stocks but these have good management and 2 already have recent success and Otto is currently drilling.

These 3 should give you a start with stocks to research before making a decision.

If the oil price does go up it should be good for all these stocks although we are talking about the asx so no guarantees that is for sure.

Good Luck
    Last edited by hal; 22-03-2016 at 02:07 AM. Reason: clarification