Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
Here we go again.....sigh..its all about when you buy more than what you buy. Eyes wide open and 360 degree vision will get you a lot further than tunnel vision. My bonds are ANZ perpetual 7.2%, Works Finance 10.45 %, IFT 7.87%. Air NZ 6.9%, IFT 8.35% I hold all these as well as div. stocks. Funny I don't feel ripped off at all and quite happy with the yields. Now is not a good time to buy unless of course interest rates keep dropping...in which case the current yields may turn out to be quite good in 4 or 5 years. As GTM said they have a role to play in a diversified portfolio.
SIGH - You might want to check the thread topic its NZDX fees...nothing whatsoever to do with asset allocation strategies. In case you don't know brokers charge circa 0.5% for secondary market sales and purchases of NZDX securities despite it being a fully computerised and listed market whereas share transactions can be had for as low as 0.2%..suppose I should be charitable and suggest you might have overlooked the actual subject matter at 9.14 p.m. at night but while we're on the subject of fees, (not asset allocation), although you have quite rightly mentioned now is not a good time to buy its perhaps worth noting to illustrate the point I was making in my earlier post that if someone bought your AIR bonds off you at the current secondary market 4% yield they'd pay 0.5% brokerage on a bond that has a life to run of only 18 months so their net annual yield would only be 3.67%. As you suggest...not a good time to buy.