sharetrader
Page 104 of 208 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2078

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

-aholic

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    Or buy into the uncertainty and take advantage of others fear..
    Perhaps, but there's a reason why the gap is so wide between buyers and sellers (5cents) as off now.. maybe because only a few buyers seeing some opportunity (only $45,000 worth to be exact) pushing SP up by 5%.. i call that irrationality .. nothing fundamentally changed about the company since yesterday

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by smtrader View Post
    What does Torpedo7 has to do with KMD?
    Alluding to that there is more competition coming from T7, that they are growing strongly - and that have a choice of brands/quality, including their own much of which is reminiscence of Kathmandu.

When KMD does $68m in sales in 6 months in NZ to January 2016. T7 did $34m in turnover in their last quarter. T7 sell a lot more things like bikes etc, but only have 10 stores, vs 40+ for Kathmandu.

That's a little unfair... T7 have a much stronger online presence, and always have. I have not seen the T7 figures... have they increased profit much from the year before? I heard demand had been weaker than expected in previous years.

-aholic

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    That's a little unfair... T7 have a much stronger online presence, and always have. I have not seen the T7 figures... have they increased profit much from the year before? I heard demand had been weaker than expected in previous years.
    Exponential growth actually for T7 Revenue
    T7.jpg

After taking more than 30k+ in losses on KMD alone i concluded its a dud and the best thing i did was move that money into SCL and thank god has recouped most my losses there, too bad sold early though but overall portfolio still performing good.. if it wasn't for KMD the performance would've been through the roof

-aholic

Just saw a parcel of $100,000 in off-market transaction offloaded 10mins ago just before dividend payment so that tells me its time to leave the ship.

Disc. abandoned ship myself today - not holding
    Last edited by smtrader; 25-05-2016 at 01:49 PM.

Just saw a parcel of $100,000 in off-market transaction offloaded 10mins ago just before dividend payment so that tells me its time to leave the ship.

Disc. abandoned ship myself today - not holding
    Hmm... It goes ex on the 2nd of June. Did you actually sell out today?

Lucky I sold out at 174

Feel that their results depend too much on the easter/winter sales, and the warm weather means poor sales

-aholic

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    Hmm... It goes ex on the 2nd of June. Did you actually sell out today?
    I sold out last parcel i had today.. i sold most of them just like Kelvin around $1.70.. Asb didnt allow me to let my shares go to market a few weeks ago, they took control of slowly selling them down because if i wouldve sold my whole lot i wouldve crashed the share price down to 1.20-1.30, i was quiet upset and contacted nzx and found that its really up to the broker to work the shares which sounds ridiculous to me, it sounds like market manipuation on the brokers end not allowing whoever wants to sell to just sell.. which is exactly what i think is happening with TWR now btw.

Yes it's before ex dividend, but if you look closely, soon as they announced dividends, the share price went up (due to some chasing dividends unaware of overall KMD position), i waited for share price to go up by the same amount of dividends to be paid (which was today) and sold so i can recycle money into better stocks ...

good luck if you're holding, i held long enough and lost believing in kmd, they might turn around maybe in the long term (but its a long shot) and the perception of negativity around it coupled with competition and retail outlook just makes me depressed so im moving along as i dont have the heart for it anymore.
    Last edited by smtrader; 25-05-2016 at 03:33 PM.

I sold out last parcel i had today.. i sold most of them just like Kelvin around $1.70.. Asb didnt allow me to let my shares go to market a few weeks ago, they took control of slowly selling them down because if i wouldve sold my whole lot i wouldve crashed the share price down to 1.20-1.30, i was quiet upset and contacted nzx and found that its really up to the broker to work the shares which sounds ridiculous to me, it sounds like market manipuation on the brokers end not allowing whoever wants to sell to just sell.. which is exactly what i think is happening with TWR now btw.

Yes it's before ex dividend, but if you look closely, soon as they announced dividends, the share price went up (due to some chasing dividends unaware of overall KMD position), i waited for share price to go up by the same amount of dividends to be paid (which was today) and sold so i can recycle money into better stocks ...

good luck if you're holding, i held long enough and lost believing in kmd, they might turn around maybe in the long term (but its a long shot) and the perception of negativity around it coupled with competition and retail outlook just makes me depressed so im moving along as i dont have the heart for it anymore.
    Thanks for your insights, I'm hanging in therefor now. Importantly I've not seen any paper loss (yet ! it's a small position). I think it could be turned around but take on board the high competition both in nz and Australia. I was in Japan not that long ago and visited a mall which pretty much was made up of outdoor clothing chains (north face etc). It looked a bit saturated to be honest!

I'm beginning to feel that turning down Rod's offer last year was not such a good idea. Rod, come back..........