sharetrader
Page 677 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 17757762766767367467567667767867968068168772777711771677 ... LastLast
Results 6,761 to 6,770 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    As per NBR article today, there seem to be lot of headwinds suppressing AIR sp. I for one not brave enough to add anytime sooner.
    Im sure both of you are not alone-although I think the SP will gain from here -I also think its far better to wait till it has gained more and done so consistently..at that time investors will feel far more comfortable,and at that time there will naturally,be more of them wanting to come on board.
    IMO the psychology needs to turn from ''dangerous beast'' to ''this is a majority government owned business with a good balance sheet and is still successful--I cant believe that the market smashed it so bad''--to put it simpler --when it goes from ''opportunity''...to ''safer opportunity''

I can understand why management did not want to say much about VAH--they would have to be SO careful at times like this---of course Branson could just be a flash in the pan but it is far easier for him to inform, than AIR management. Its encouraging ,if nothing else.
    It brings to light the fact that an ailing company can still be of value, strategically. Could be a bit like buying a clapped out dump of a villa in grey Lynn---you are not buying a house...you are buying an address.

looked like it was way oversold yesterday at 2.05 and still is today according to some metrics, and on the weekly - needs to clear 2.15 for a shot at 2.30 next week according to the crystal ball lol
    one step ahead of the herd

-aholic

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    looked like it was way oversold yesterday at 2.05 and still is today according to some metrics, and on the weekly - needs to clear 2.15 for a shot at 2.30 next week according to the crystal ball lol
    I need to rent it out off you

Qantas is testing the $3 support, I would be concerned if this breaks. QAN and AIR typically follow each other albeit AIR has taken a bigger beating recently.

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    Qantas is testing the $3 support, I would be concerned if this breaks. QAN and AIR typically follow each other albeit AIR has taken a bigger beating recently.
    roughly 29% fall for qantas vrs 38% fall for air nz - both fell off a cliff in april when oil really started to accelerate to the upside.

Banned

Perhaps Qantas and Air will both be $3 NZ eventually.
    Last edited by couta1; 27-05-2016 at 02:22 PM.

percy

I brought back half the number I sold a few weeks ago.Paid $2.1185 today.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I brought back half the number I sold a few weeks ago.Paid $2.1185 today.
    is it a trade with a stop loss percy or an investment?

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    Been a fair bit of switch play between AIR & QAN in the last 2 years. QAN held up while AIR was sold down in recent weeks - switch from one to the other?

Now QAN may be sold down to switch into AIR, in the face of potentially good news on VAH.

-aholic

WYN gets a speeding ticket and a price enquiry, while AIR gets nothing - its as if nzx has inside info more than shareholders.

Also personal views - AIR is now on classic DCB on the back of possible retreat of oil from hitting 50, and possible interested parties in VAH as that info is getting around. Unfortunately, both more likely than not will not materialise in the near future, ie. oil price will break above 50 (check volumes and iran's production) and for VAH, well i don't need to talk much about that.

(These views are my own and should not constitute any advice what so ever)