sharetrader
Page 742 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 24264269273273873974074174274374474574675279284212421742 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,420 of 20200

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Membaa

Well todays volume was well above recent times and busted up through the downward volume trend line today from May highs over 5m. That said, closing up a meagre .005 is hardly inspiring, but in context with this and last week, there's certainly a new short up term trend forming from the 2.02 lows. Bear in mind the toppy indicators, RSI turning down at neutral, SlowSTO topping, Money Flow dipping down. Maybe the action today and the close is against the actual trend. I don't see the falling wedge pattern that others see, because of the double bottom at 2.02, it is a less bullish 'descending flag' formation imho which relies on 2.02 support holding. Nevertheless, buyer support has certainly emerged these past couple of weeks and I'm sure holders will be hoping for a re-test of the overhead resistance 2.28, which also happens to now be above the 50EMA at 2.24, a moving average that punters like. A breakdown below 2.02 seems presently unlikely but would be a stern warning to get out. It stands to reason that buyer interest may be piqued by the pending dividend, though consequently the SP will also be affected downwards by the payout, when it happens. Lots of moving parts on AIR, the next week or two will be very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Well todays volume was well above recent times and busted up through the downward volume trend line today from May highs over 5m. That said, closing up a meagre .005 is hardly inspiring, but in context with this and last week, there's certainly a new short up term trend forming from the 2.02 lows. Bear in mind the toppy indicators, RSI turning down at neutral, SlowSTO topping, Money Flow dipping down. Maybe the action today and the close is against the actual trend. I don't see the falling wedge pattern that others see, because of the double bottom at 2.02, it is a less bullish 'descending flag' formation imho which relies on 2.02 support holding. Nevertheless, buyer support has certainly emerged these past couple of weeks and I'm sure holders will be hoping for a re-test of the overhead resistance 2.28, which also happens to now be above the 50EMA at 2.24, a moving average that punters like. A breakdown below 2.02 seems presently unlikely but would be a stern warning to get out. It stands to reason that buyer interest may be piqued by the pending dividend, though consequently the SP will also be affected downwards by the payout, when it happens. Lots of moving parts on AIR, the next week or two will be very interesting.
    Thanks baa baa. It's a shame brexit got in the way as I thought AIR was showing some strength up to the same range as the last couple of days but was pleased to see even with all that was going on it held that support at 2.02.

Like you say I agree there's many coming in looking at the divy in the works and potential special which would give the SP a good boost.

Default What to say to mark my 5,000th post ?

TA - Stock appears to have built something of a meaningful resistance at $2.02.
    FA - Trades on extremely compelling fundamental's relative to its peer group.
    Sentiment - Appears a lot of the negative emotion caused by recent increases in competition has been washed out of the system.
    Historically - The period between end of June and annual meeting has generally been a good period for the SP boosted by the final dividend being paid within this timeframe.
    Chances of a Special Divvy - Extremely high, (as certain a thing as I have ever seen in the market) and if paid will amount to at least 10 cps fully imputed in my opinion.
    Final Dividend pending - At least another 10 cps fully imputed.
    Very strong day for the Airlines in America on Friday.

I think the correction in recent months has been overdone. Topped up to my maximum self imposed 10% portfolio allocation this morning.
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-07-2016 at 10:24 AM.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    TA - Stock appears to have built something of a meaningful resistance at $2.02.
    FA - Trades on extremely compelling fundamental's relative to its peer group.
    Sentiment - Appears a lot of the negative emotion caused by recent increases in competition has been washed out of the system.
    Historically - The period between end of June and annual meeting has generally been a good period for the SP boosted by the final dividend being paid within this timeframe.
    Chances of a Special Divvy - Extremely high, (as certain a thing as I have ever seen in the market) and if paid will amount to at least 10 cps fully imputed in my opinion.
    Final Dividend pending - At least another 10 cps fully imputed.
    Very strong day for the Airlines in America on Friday.

I think the correction in recent months has been overdone. Topped up to my maximum self imposed 10% portfolio allocation this morning.
    Well done Roger on your 5,000th post on here and that too on your favourite AIR...wishing you well for 10,000th post!!!

IMO

Yes but remember its quality and not quantity, esp at the buffet

Mr. Creosote - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yes but remember its quality and not quantity, esp at the buffet

Mr. Creosote - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
    Love it. That made my afternoon. Seen it many times, but still makes me laugh my head off. Air could do something similar on a fun flight.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Love it. That made my afternoon. Seen it many times, but still makes me laugh my head off. Air could do something similar on a fun flight.
    Could also do a "Faulty Towers" type show while serving food.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/8119...irbus-training

Interesting article on older pilots failing retraining. My opinion: If pilots over 65 are not allowed to fly international routes why is it safe for them to fly domestic and trans Tasman routes ?

These guys have been very well paid and should have enough salted away to buy their own little Cessna aircraft and keep flying at a club level at their local aerodrome if they wish.

Give the young people climbing up the aviation ladder a chance to make the big bucks I reckon.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-07-2016 at 08:41 AM.

Interesting article on older pilots failing retraining. My opinion: If pilots over 65 are not allowed to fly international routes why is it safe for them to fly domestic and trans Tasman routes ?

These guys have been very well paid and should have enough salted away to buy their own little Cessna aircraft and keep flying at a club level at their local aerodrome if they wish.

Give the young people climbing up the aviation ladder a chance to make the big bucks I reckon.
    Can't agree with you Rog, there is a gate into a dairy farm just North of the Rangitata bridge where 66 year old Blocky has been driving a large truck and trailer through for years, gate was still in good condition until "young person climbing up the trucking ladder" had his turn recently, gate is looking rather bruised just now ! Sometimes the ol fellas are the safest bet !
    Last edited by blockhead; 12-07-2016 at 09:01 AM. Reason: spelling

Wow .........
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”