sharetrader
Page 753 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 25365370374374975075175275375475575675776380385312531753 ... LastLast
Results 7,521 to 7,530 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/239769.pdf

Am I going mad or have they got their year figures for June the wrong way around

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    Should see the OP stats for June today or tomorrow. The last to be including for the EOY results.....

Just bought return fares to Aussie with AIR for the family and the price was exactly the same as 2 years ago when we last went so they must be making some good margins on the transtasman routes given the price of OIL now being considerably less than it was then.

Hopefully a bounce back today to a close higher than 2.265 to make the chart look rosy.
    Got that in just in time for the release haha.

I'm pretty happy with it, nothing unexpected and revenue and passenger numbers up overall. Dollar hurting it a bit but that's got some offset in costs such as fuel.

Passengers carried up 6.0% on last year
    Revenue Passenger Kilometres up 11.0% on last year
    Available Seat Kilometres up 11.5% on last year
    Passenger Load Factor down 0.4% on last year but an impressive 83.7% for the year

Quote Originally Posted by freddagg View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/239769.pdf

Am I going mad or have they got their year figures for June the wrong way around
    In what way? Do you mean the adjustment for the different number of days in June from this year to last? its at the bottom.
    Last edited by workingdad; 20-07-2016 at 10:25 AM.

In what way? Do you mean the adjustment for the different number of days in June from this year to last? its at the bottom.
    Only accountants can get 37 days in a 30 day month eh

They clever old buggers
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Got that in just in time for the release haha.

I'm pretty happy with it, nothing unexpected and revenue and passenger numbers up overall. Dollar hurting it a bit but that's got some offset in costs such as fuel.

Passengers carried up 6.0% on last year
    Revenue Passenger Kilometres up 11.0% on last year
    Available Seat Kilometres up 11.5% on last year
    Passenger Load Factor down 0.4% on last year but an impressive 83.7% for the year

Talked to a broker - results are in line with their firm's expectations. Have concerns about competition especially on NZ/Asia routes so could impact on F17 results. Capital management (as in special dividend or share buyback) definitely something market is looking for guidance on when results released. Compelling yield story - on their current forecasts, over 10% (fully imputed) in F17 and F18.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Only accountants can get 37 days in a 30 day month eh

They clever old buggers
    I recall something about it last year but my memory is fading and looking at the annual results and % I am comfortable and looking at buying more if weakness continues in share price today.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Something us more mature gentlemen are better off without. If you have to be wed to the internet and your phone 24/7 that's a sad way to have to live IMHO.
    That said for those that must stay connected at all times this is an enhancement over what the competition, (if you can call it that on domestic flights) offers.
    http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/air-new...ices-ng-191799
    It is only blue tooth, nothing about staying connected at all times. We're not talking internet here unfortunately. While I don't wish to be 'wed' to the Internet, the ability to access it whenenever, and wherever I am is something I would certainly value, simply because like it or not, it is an essential, effective and enormously valuable life enhancing tool.
    Gate to gate Internet access? Now that will be something. You don't have to use it, and I agree about phone use on board. The idea is abhorrent unless you have phone zones.
    Internet access would reduce the demand for phone conversations by enabling email and messaging.

Disc: One of the more mature gentlemen to which you refer and I for one am definitely not better off without it.
    Last edited by biker; 20-07-2016 at 11:54 AM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Red face Airline Customer Technological Arms Race

Air New Zealand may have just discovered Bluetooth but Emirates have Blippar.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

No, like in the first line of the Investor update it says Passengers carried June 2016 is 1215000 and 2015 1341000 and saying that"s a 4.8% increase. I make it a 4.8% decrease.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    It is only blue tooth, nothing about staying connected at all times. We're not talking internet here unfortunately. While I don't wish to be 'wed' to the Internet, the ability to access it whenenever, and wherever I am is something I would certainly value, simply because like it or not, it is an essential, effective and enormously valuable life enhancing tool.
    The thing I really like about air travel is that I am forced to sit down, read a book, watch a movie, eat and drink without feeling like I'm supposed to be doing something else.
    This will ruin it!