sharetrader
Page 59 of 91 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
    Banned

BP I still think this company can turn itself around going forward but there's no quick fix, obviously if one didn't believe that then selling would be the only option to recover what is left. It's a shame the way things have gone because the company is operating in a niche market supplying products and services which are essential to those using them.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    BP I still think this company can turn itself around going forward but there's no quick fix, obviously if one didn't believe that then selling would be the only option to recover what is left. It's a shame the way things have gone because the company is operating in a niche market supplying products and services which are essential to those using them.
    Did think of getting on board when the divvy was in play recently (4c from memory) and sp was 75c or so and took some time to read about them, background and industry they operate in. Somehow it didn't stack up and stayed away and glad I did.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Absolutely agree - they are in an exciting industry and (I think) they still have sufficient expertise to turn the ship around. It is just - so far I have seen no evidence for things actually improving, but maybe I am not patient enough. And hey, we obviously need to give the new CEO (if & when they find him/her) a chance to actually turn things around.

As indicated before - I wish them all the best. I have sentimental connections to the industry and know some of the people.

So - as long as people accept that a bet on TTK is at current a high risk / but certainly as well high reward bet (in case it turns the right way) can I see nothing wrong with setting some play money (one can afford to lose) on them - though admittedly, I have my high risk money currently in other areas I consider safer bets (like oil / gold / other resources), but who knows, maybe I wish in a year I would have bought TTK instead?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Noticed share price in the 30s now

Might dust off the files and have another look

If It goes back to 80 cents = double your money

Not much liquidity though - verybody holding for the reovery?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Noticed share price in the 30s now

Might dust off the files and have another look

If It goes back to 80 cents = double your money

Not much liquidity though - verybody holding for the reovery?
    Recovery would be the wrong word choice, with a buy price of $2.78, I think Miracle would fit the bill better. PS- 80c wouldn't do mate.

What a nasty graph - and without good news it is anybody's best guess whether this is rock bottom or just the plateau before the next step down.

I guess this years financials will look ugly (as per June 10th announcement) and the divi which sort of kept the price up is gone as well. Only insiders might know whether any improvement are really on the horizon, but if they do, than they are not buying either.

For anybody else it is pure speculation ... who knows, how cheap the share might be in 6 or 12 months from now?

Difficult task to value this company - maybe look at their customer base and multiply with whatever Vodafone or Spark are prepared to pay for a new customer ... but I am pretty sure, the result won't be a reason for investors to celebrate ...
    ----

I see Roger Sowry in an announcement https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz/dire...spx?id=4211740 says that in order to "assist the new incoming CEO we have engaged the services of Cameron partners an investment banking company to do a deep strategic review of the company". Why does that both please and horrify me? What the bleedin hell have the directors been doing? Collecting their fees and going down to the pub to discuss the rugby? And why does the new CEO need an investment banking firm to advise him? Stumbling form one poor decision to another...however hopefully the review will actually spark some positive movement and pinpoint where changes should be made. Getting rid of the zombie board might be a good start.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    I see Roger Sowry in an announcement https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz/dire...spx?id=4211740 says that in order to "assist the new incoming CEO we have engaged the services of Cameron partners an investment banking company to do a deep strategic review of the compuany". Why does that both please and horrify me? What the bleedin hell have the directors been doing? Collecting their fees and going down to the pub to discuss the rugby? And why does the new CEO need an investment banking firm to advise him? Stumbling form one poor decision to another...however hopefully the review will actually spark some positive movement and pinpoint where changes should be made. Getting rid of the zombie board might be a good start.
    Agreed.

I think that we should ask for at least some of the directors fees to be refunded. Outsourcing basic functions like strategy is not a good look.
    Last edited by GTM 3442; 10-08-2016 at 01:40 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Unhappy Found beneath a coupon offering Buy 1 Get 1 Free at Sally's Tea Cosy Shoppe

And at the end of the day, hoping no-one would notice, Teamtalk quietly pushed their full year accounts under the door of the NZX.

Loss of $1.31M and definitely no dividend.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: do not hold, never have.
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    And at the end of the day, hoping no-one would notice, Teamtalk quietly pushed their full year accounts under the door of the NZX.

Loss of $1.31M and definitely no dividend.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: do not hold, never have.
    Yeah, noticed that as well. Looking at the numbers you might be excused of thinking that the end game has started for them. Only positive: they have a new CEO who might have requested to start with a clean slate ... (the result contains as well $1m write off) - so maybe somebody sees a chance of survival ...

Still - goodwill ($20.8m) is higher than the total shareholders equity ($20.2m), and there are some other intangibles as well. I guess people must have a lot of "good will" to buy the balance sheet with a straight face ; NTA obviously negative;

Discl: not holding - but still sentimentally connected to the industry.
    ----