sharetrader
Page 18 of 104 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

But if a fund manager is selling someone is buying...

Any ideas why the SP has been stagnant and dropping recently? I couldn't see any news or ex-div dates, unless I've missed something? Considering the previous discussion here it seems a good time to get in.

percy

There has been no news other than Milford selling some.
    The full year result is due at the end of May.
    I am expecting a steady solid result.
    The company is trading on a very modest PE and the current dividend yield is 4.67%
    The share price is currently $1.05, which is below the 100 day EMA $1.06,but still above the 200 day EMA $1.03.
    I hold.
    Last edited by percy; 09-04-2017 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    A broker(Forbar) has started coverage on EVO. Outperform rating and target of 1.21
    More details here
    http://markets.ft.com/research/Marke...asts?s=EVO:NZC
    and here
    http://www.reuters.com/finance/stock...?symbol=EVO.NZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Norah Barlow and Forsyth Barr, names you can really "trust". Credit Sails, Feltex, South Canterbury Finance, .....
    Quote Originally Posted by Elles View Post
    Any ideas why the SP has been stagnant and dropping recently? I couldn't see any news or ex-div dates, unless I've missed something? Considering the previous discussion here it seems a good time to get in.
    Welcome to the forum. Sometimes a good idea to go right back to the start of a thread and have a read about others point of view rather than just looking at recent posts.
    Fact is the share price has not "evolved" into anything other than a real disappointment for investors since listing over two years ago and the shares have dramatically underperformed the NZX50 index.
    I suggest reading the whole thread and asking yourself why this stock has been such a poor performer since listing. Maybe there's some very sound reasons why it might always trade on a very modest PE ? Good luck. Disc: I don't hold.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-04-2017 at 12:22 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Technically still in an uptrend from October 15 lows when it was in the 80s - ie higher highs and higher lows

A sin stock but for those who only trade ticker codes no worries, esp if Forbar reckons its worth $1.33
    Last edited by winner69; 09-04-2017 at 01:47 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

That was their very old 12 month price target way back when they commenced coverage when the company listed and proved to be "highly accurate" didn't it !

http://www.4-traders.com/EVOLVE-EDUC...917/consensus/

One analyst covering it now, possibly still Forbar but they now reckon its worth $1.53
    Possibly the same analyst that came out in February 2017 and downgraded AIR and put a value of $2.08 on them.
    Disc: I stopped paying them 1% brokerage for their "expertise" many many years ago. Same brokers that told me many years ago that Apple was not a good investment when they were $U.S.100.00..(that was before the 7:1 split, enough said)
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-04-2017 at 01:20 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    A sin stock but for those who only trade ticker codes no worries
    Puzzled by your classification of this as a sin stock. Its unclear to me what is unethical or immoral around the provision of childcare? For companies on the NZX like Sky city I could understand a sin classification but EVO?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Technically still in an uptrend from October 15 lows when it was in the 80s - ie higher highs and higher lows

A sin stock but for those who only trade ticker codes no worries, esp if Forbar reckons its worth $1.21
    Craigs update 7th April 2017 target sp $1.33 for EVO..
    I am a little higher than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    Puzzled by your classification of this as a sin stock. Its unclear to me what is unethical or immoral around the provision of childcare? For companies on the NZX like Sky city I could understand a sin classification but EVO?
    Nothing more important that a child's early care and education - what's wrong is that for every dollar parents pay for that care about 15 cents is profit for EVO - most eventually finding its way into shareholders profits.

Just imagine if that $30m odd a year (in Evolves case) was spent on the children developing them even further instead of enriching shareholders.

Childcare/education and the relentless pursuit of ever increasing shareholder returns aren't a good combination
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

EVO was one of Forbar's conviction picks, (see stocktastic) and has them at 125th place so I guess they're the ones at $1.53.
    Agree with Winner, corporate model probably not the very best for kids, early child care centers in my opinion are best run by really caring owner operators who are well respected in their local community.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-04-2017 at 02:30 PM.