sharetrader

Thread: Harmoney

Hybrid View

Why would anyone with a freehold home (i.e no mortgage) not borrow against their house from the bank who offer such low-interest rates? Also, what would be the minimum mortgage amount that banks offer?
    Screenshot_8.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by icyfire View Post
    Why would anyone with a freehold home (i.e no mortgage) not borrow against their house from the bank who offer such low-interest rates? Also, what would be the minimum mortgage amount that banks offer?
    Screenshot_8.jpg
    A Dreamer? A Liar? A Scammer? Smells damn right Fishy to me!

yeah, nah

"Rebuild my home" - perhaps it burnt down and they are waiting on Insurance (or had none!)?

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    "Rebuild my home" - perhaps it burnt down and they are waiting on Insurance (or had none!)?
    Even if that was the case the bank would have still given them a mortgage against the freehold land at 5% instead of 18%

yeah, nah

Even if that was the case the bank would have still given them a mortgage against the freehold land at 5% instead of 18%
    You can't possibly know that...we don't know what other loans/factors might be involved...

Screenshot_8.jpg
    Privacy, psychological security, transaction costs (if they intend to repay quickly).....

Screenshot_8.jpg
    Umm read the comments Icyfire purpose of loan is to help save for a deposit on a new house. I don't think they own a house now despite what the loan profile says.

Oh "rebuild" I didn't read carefully enough sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Robuste View Post
    Umm read the comments Icyfire purpose of loan is to help save for a deposit on a new house. I don't think they own a house now despite what the loan profile says.
    The loan info clearly stated, "Fully Owned - No Mortgage". That can only mean that the borrower owns a mortgage-free house.