sharetrader
Page 494 of 971 FirstFirst ... 394444484490491492493494495496497498504544594 ... LastLast
Results 4,931 to 4,940 of 9704
    Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Ok be honest now , own up, are there any smart money mums and dads (or small investors)on here selling down/out?.If so whats your reasoning and why do you think you're smarter than most of the SUM shareholders on here and invisible guests who read this everyday but never contribute? Disclose, still on the sidelines; is that smart?
    While I wouldn't claim to be a 'smart money' person, I see SUM people gnashing their teeth at the recent lows, while others see it as an opportunity in the making. My portfolio is biased to riskier stocks and the present low SUM price gives me an opportunity to de-risk elsewhere and acquire a nice longer term div yield stock. That said, it is election year in NZ and I get the feeling that a higher cash allocation in portfolios is wise as I see SUM stocks slipping lower or going sideways for a while yet.

Dropping due to Winston Peters possibly getting in, immigration down, and property taking a hammering?

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Dropping due to Winston Peters possibly getting in, immigration down, and property taking a hammering?
    Well put...

Guru

Strange then that the LPT's seem to have been rising over the past weeks.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Strange then that the LPT's seem to have been rising over the past weeks.
    LPTs don't have a relationship to residential prices.

Totally irrelevant to this thread (and SUM performance) but as some of you seem interested it appears as if house prices are still going - even in Auckland

From the REINZ

https://www.reinz.co.nz/Media/Defaul...May%202017.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    While I wouldn't claim to be a 'smart money' person, I see SUM people gnashing their teeth at the recent lows, while others see it as an opportunity in the making. My portfolio is biased to riskier stocks and the present low SUM price gives me an opportunity to de-risk elsewhere and acquire a nice longer term div yield stock. That said, it is election year in NZ and I get the feeling that a higher cash allocation in portfolios is wise as I see SUM stocks slipping lower or going sideways for a while yet.
    Depending upon your investment horizon, SUM is still - in my opinion - a good LT hold stock, esp at current levels. I'm currently trying to worth through my cognitive dissonance about buying more of SUM given I'm already overweight in this.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Totally irrelevant to this thread (and SUM performance) but as some of you seem interested it appears as if house prices are still going - even in Auckland

From the REINZ

https://www.reinz.co.nz/Media/Defaul...May%202017.pdf
    This must be "fake news", real estate prices are supposed to be collapsing
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investor

Big volume crossing..
    3 35 1:08:22 pm 473 900,000 $4,257,000 Off Market

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Depending upon your investment horizon, SUM is still - in my opinion - a good LT hold stock, esp at current levels. I'm currently trying to worth through my cognitive dissonance about buying more of SUM given I'm already overweight in this.
    Agree, the long term potential is good.
    As I said "....SUM people gnashing their teeth at recent lows...while others see it as an opportunity..." I've been nibbling and adding SUM in the recent lows. I think it's just a question of time till the short term decline ends and the long term trend returns. However, it is also election year.....