sharetrader
Page 38 of 1978 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248881385381038 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yep ...you and t_j are real gurus recognising this in early stages and worth the skiting.

I think the toaster brigade are going to have the toast burnt to cinders - its not going to pop up for a long time.
    Those canny investors who let it back-test the IPO price and establish a support level and uptrend and then have doubled down twice into a confirmed uptrend have done extremely well too
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-07-2017 at 09:42 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Well... this years results were even better than expected, which is a nice surprise given how close to end of financial year when they were listed.

I could go on about how great the operating cash flows are, how great the development pipleine is looking, the nice EBITDA etc etc (slide 4 of the results presentation is real nice by the way - although I did note expenses were a bit higher than expected...)

But I'll cut to the case... the words I liked most are "we are well placed to achieve our forecast in 2018 and continue to create long term value for our shareholders" you can almost smell the upgrade/beat of FY18 coming (not just profit wise, but dividend wise as well)

Maybe I was right that yesterday was the last chance you could buy these under $1? Todays results would certainly suggest it should be

Like it - looks like the market is opening above $1 (the morning auction sits currently at 101) and hardly any sellers up to 110. Could turn into an interesting day ...

Looks like holders just found another company helping them to be "well positioned" (Sorry, I know Percy should have said that ... but maybe he has?).

Can't understand people complaining that there are no bargains anymore on the NZX ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Pretty impressive, wanted to see the results before jumping in. Now in before it jumps past $1.00.

Given SUM is being shorted and being pretty quiet, I've sold sum from SUM and diverted funds to OCA.

Well done on identifying the potential Trader_Jackson
    Last edited by fiasco; 27-07-2017 at 10:18 AM.

Guru

Not a great response from MR Market - early days yet while the instos digest it and after lunch there should be better response , didn't hit $1.00 ( yet ) .99 high !

Is the current price already built into it ATM ?
    Last edited by whatsup; 27-07-2017 at 10:28 AM. Reason: additional thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Those canny investors who let it back-test the IPO price and establish a support level and uptrend and then have doubled down twice into a confirmed uptrend have done extremely well too
    Yep, took a fair bit of risk out of the equation eh ......the derisking cost minimal in the big picture.

Had to wait see what the sentiment really was around this stock, because as we know it's sentiment that really drives share price (often more so than company performance)

Nothing to stop punters getting even more positive over Oceania
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

I am surprised at the strength of the sellers, they've come out dumping (sort of)... clearly, missed the results announcement and just like the 'high' price.
    No doubt they will dry up eventually, after all, you can only sell so much.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Not a great response from MR Market - early days yet while the instos digest it and after lunch there should be better response , didn't hit $1.00 ( yet ) .99 high !
    Up 10% over the last week so a good run in

As you say the big boys will do their sums and we'll see where they go .....it'll be them rather than mere mortals like you and me that move the price in the next few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I am surprised at the strength of the sellers, they've come out dumping (sort of)... clearly, missed the results announcement and just like the 'high' price.
    No doubt they will dry up eventually, after all, you can only sell so much.
    The toaster lot .... buying the rumour selling the fact ....whatever the rumour was.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The toaster lot .... buying the rumour selling the fact ....whatever the rumour was.
    Could be that market has already priced in this result perhaps?