sharetrader
Page 978 of 1736 FirstFirst ... 478878928968974975976977978979980981982988102810781478 ... LastLast
Results 9,771 to 9,780 of 17360
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    No. Not that way inclined but managed to pull out (I think)of the DRP after PT's post confirming the date, Already questioning it as HBL has served me extremely well for many years by just holding, adding and ignoring the noise.
    I regret pulling out of the DRIP for half my holding several years ago, content to hold but thinking the price had got away with itself at the time :o

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Surprisingly strong. Closed at an effective all time record on a comparative cum basis of $1.95.5. 1 buyer wanted 100,000 at close and was prepared to pay up to $1.91 ex the 5.5 cent divvy. Be interesting to see if there's any follow up support to that very late high bid tomorrow.
    That one buyer at close $1.91 - wasn't you Mr Beagle was it?

Surely not buying an overvalued stock st an all time high - thought you were more into cheap / value stocks
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    That one buyer at close $1.91 - wasn't you Mr Beagle was it?

Surely not buying an overvalued stock st an all time high - thought you were more into cheap / value stocks
    LOL probably should have run my snout over a full comparative analysis of the Australasian banks before deciding to do anything and letting a few go. That North Korea situation making the hound a little more timid than usual especially with their anniversary this coming weekend. Will run athat analysis very shortly and look at the prospective growth rates out to 2020 now we have 2017 done and dusted, (unless someone wants to beat me to it). After that I'll probably buy the ones I sold yesterday back LOL
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-09-2017 at 09:06 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Life is funny.I have spent the last 6 to 7 years building up our HBL holding,taking DRP.Now we have more than enough shares.
    Therefore, we take cash dividends and could not care less about the share price,because HBL have the capacity to keep paying increasing full imputed dividends..
    I guess the sp will go through $2,then $2.50 and on its way to $5 [in under 10 years.?]
    The real fun to us will be receiving the huge divies in 10 years time.This comes about by being "well positioned."
    The challenge then will be spending them...lol.
    Last edited by percy; 07-09-2017 at 09:31 AM.

Colmar Brunton Research

Default Colmar Brunton NZ - Paid research interviews

Hi all,

Apologies for being slightly off-topic; I'll keep this as short as possible.

Colmar Brunton is conducting some research on behalf of the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) about what information investors find most helpful to make informed decisions about particular investments. This will help the FMA improve product disclosure documents to make them more useful for investors. We're looking for people to take part in paid research interviews at our Auckland and Wellington offices over the next few weeks.

We'd like to talk with you if you have recently invested in the Heartland Bank medium term fixed rate notes.

Your contact details and the feedback you provide in interviews will be completely annonymised and will not be used for any other purpose. If you are interested in taking part, please email ali.ajmal@colmarbrunton.co.nz with your contact details including a phone number.

Cheers

PS: If you're interested, please get in touch via the email above as direct messages on ST won't be acknowledged.
    PPS: This message was cleared with an ST Admin before being posted.

Default Comparitive Bank FY 18 forward PE's

Who would have thought a year or two ago HBL would trade at a material PE premium ! Average forecast eps growth rate over the foreseeable future going forward in brackets.
    All data off latest 4 traders average forward EPS estimates.
    Currently
    HBL 14.7 (7%)
    BOQ 13.9 (4%)
    WBC 12.6 (3%)
    BEN 12.4 (3%)
    NAB 12.4 (4%)
    ANZ 12.2 (5%)

The other beagle will be happy, ANZ on a quick look seem to be good value based on their growth rate and current PE as does NAB.
    HBL seem fair - good value to me all things considered and are the only bank here to offer full imputation credits to N.Z. investors.
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-09-2017 at 12:02 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Who would have thought a year or two ago HBL would trade at a material PE premium ! Average forecast eps growth rate over the foreseeable future going forward in brackets.
    All data off latest 4 traders average forward EPS estimates.
    Currently
    HBL 14.7 (7%)
    BOQ 13.9 (4%)
    WBC 12.6 (3%)
    BEN 12.4 (3%)
    NAB 12.4 (4%)
    ANZ 12.2 (5%)

The other beagle will be happy, ANZ on a quick look seem to be good value based on their growth rate and current PE as does NAB.
    HBL seem fair - good value to me all things considered and are the only bank here to offer full imputation credits to N.Z. investors.

Thanks Beagle. Always like reading your banter along with other posters.

I wonder how the big banks are pondering over the recent bond offer by HBL and acceptance by punters. There must be a few ruffled feathers out there about market size and acquisition of funds... It is good to be a holder, that's for sure.

Banned

Ditto food4thought great to see info like this as a shareholder. Only one breed of dog I'd consider adopting

Heartland Bank $57400 donation to the Nats.
    Is this ok?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by beetills View Post
    Heartland Bank $57400 donation to the Nats.
    Is this ok?
    May not be enough?...lol.