sharetrader

Thread: Harmoney

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Bear View Post
    Yes, I wonder if there is any investor here who had been in for more than 24 months and with a RAR of 15+%
    I stuck a toe in in February 2015, laughably tentatively, waiting until that November before deciding their platform worked well enough to start growing it a bit. Actually the platform was a bit rough back then, with some very peculiar discrepancies in the dashboard, but they always sorted themselves out eventually and I looked at the few cents of fees they were getting from me, and didn't complain.

Even now my pile is a fifth of what some of you chap(ette)s have on the table so perhaps I do not qualify as someone who has been in it, really, for 24 months. I had so few loans back then that my RAR graph is a seismograph, good only for laughs. With the increasing number of loans it has stabilised, and since March this year (when either I grew a brain, or the Christmas defaults slowed, or both), is has been rising steadily, now around 15.5%.

I attribute the improvement to bonehead investing decisions that kept it low earlier on. Pretty confident about that. Less confident about attributing the decent RAR nowadays: maybe to being really picky.

Is 15% that good, though? There are plenty of investors on the RAR by loan count chart over 15%. As far as I can see: I can't find the high-res version of that atm.

yeah, nah

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewD View Post
    ]or the Christmas defaults slowed
    Timely reminder, for those that believe - from October through to January would be a good time to be more 'picky' on loans to lower the likely default rate post Christmas.

15% is good long term - average retail is running at 13.2%, so that means there are a lot doing much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewD View Post
    I stuck a toe in in February 2015, laughably tentatively, waiting until that November before deciding their platform worked well enough to start growing it a bit. Actually the platform was a bit rough back then, with some very peculiar discrepancies in the dashboard, but they always sorted themselves out eventually and I looked at the few cents of fees they were getting from me, and didn't complain.

Even now my pile is a fifth of what some of you chap(ette)s have on the table so perhaps I do not qualify as someone who has been in it, really, for 24 months. I had so few loans back then that my RAR graph is a seismograph, good only for laughs. With the increasing number of loans it has stabilised, and since March this year (when either I grew a brain, or the Christmas defaults slowed, or both), is has been rising steadily, now around 15.5%.

I attribute the improvement to bonehead investing decisions that kept it low earlier on. Pretty confident about that. Less confident about attributing the decent RAR nowadays: maybe to being really picky.

Is 15% that good, though? There are plenty of investors on the RAR by loan count chart over 15%. As far as I can see: I can't find the high-res version of that atm.
    Yes, despite all the shortcomings of the RAR, anyone with over 15% RAR after 24 months is doing very well indeed!! Will beat a lot of other investments too including many in the share and housing markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Bear View Post
    Yes, despite all the shortcomings of the RAR, anyone with over 15% RAR after 24 months is doing very well indeed!! Will beat a lot of other investments too including many in the share and housing markets.
    You early adopters got in at the right time!

I missed the party, and joined just as 1.5 kicked in

15% will be very challenging to achieve.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by leesal View Post
    You early adopters got in at the right time!

I missed the party, and joined just as 1.5 kicked in

15% will be very challenging to achieve.
    Yes, based on the latest scorecard an optimal RAR after projected defaults is going to be around 14% (roughly).

Quote Originally Posted by Investor View Post
    Yes, based on the latest scorecard an optimal RAR after projected defaults is going to be around 14% (roughly).
    What is your definition of optimal?

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by RMJH View Post
    What is your definition of optimal?
    Meaning if you could invest all of your capital at the most desirable grade or grade range.

Quote Originally Posted by Investor View Post
    Meaning if you could invest all of your capital at the most desirable grade or grade range.
    So you mean the highest expected achievable return on a portfolio rather than a more complex optimisation considering risk.