Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
You need a super discount if you can call it that for any new shares on bond conversion to be in the money if recent market evidence is reliable. Shares were $3.40 or thereabouts for quite a while and are now $3.20 or thereabouts which is a 6% SP decrease through the current capital raise and we're not done yet. There's also the chance more shareholders will sell in the next few days to fund their SPP entitlement and more selling after the SPP shares are issued as some shareholders look to work the arbitrage between the current SP and $3.02.

I agree 100% that the likelihood of a new issue of TRAHC is extremely high and as you quite rightly point out the current bonds confer preference on a future issue of same, (for whatever that's worth) which in light of the history that Blackcap has kindly reminded me of, it would appear to be very little.

Get bitten once through lack of deep research is one thing but to expose yourself to being treated inequitably a second time, that's one's own fault. Any way you slice and dice this bondholders are being treated inequitably. The premium to par the bonds have been trading at has vanished and that is clear market evidence that bondholders prospects for a capital gain on conversion has sharply diminished. I will take the 6.5% return and while I won't absolutely commit to a course of action at this stage, at this point I am strongly inclined towards investing elsewhere next September. 9% EPS growth this year, (even if achieved) doesn't overwhelm me with enthusiasm.

Thanks mate, appreciate your background reminder on their darker historical days. Makes another motor vehicle company's 99 year solid history look even more compelling by comparison doesn't it !
No worries, but I must add a disclaimer that I too hold TRA bonds (well my partner does but I do the decision making there) and TRA shares. Bit disappointed that they are not changing the terms but sorta expected that too. Still think the shares will do very well in the coming years and happy to be a holder and topping up at $3.02.