sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Terrific news, should be good for the regions if Winston follows through. Labour are keen to support the regions and SMEs too, of course. This has the potential to be a truly great term of office.
    Good on you for keeping the faith I never gave up but stopped posting a few weeks back theres only so much abuse one can take from Gus and 777 but where are they now?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Good on you for keeping the faith I never gave up but stopped posting a few weeks back theres only so much abuse one can take from Gus and 777 but where are they now?
    I am here timmeee. But you can’t post the way you did and not expect a reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    I am here timmeee. But you can’t post the way you did and not expect a reaction.

Three more years bro

Legend

I watched James Shaw live just a while ago, I must admit I hope they do make some progress on all their core campaign areas. Particularly climate change. It'll be a great relief to see someone other than Paula Bennett (anyone!) take up that portfolio. They are still gathering 75% consensus I believe.

Bill's conceding speech has been archived, here it is. Everyone bravely smiling most of the time and it was quite a gracious speech. I didn't quite agree with all of Bill's comments on how they'd done while in office. He commented that Winston had more say on choosing the next government than National did.

Yes, it must have been galling, but then National tried really hard to squash Winston out of the picture, as he'd noted. In retrospect maybe the implosion of the Greens meant that National's tactic didn't work as well as it could have. And National didn't really have any friends to call on, as it turned out. Maori roll voters really turned cold water on the Maori Party, that was obvious in the polling station results.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Terrific news, should be good for the regions if Winston follows through. Labour are keen to support the regions and SMEs too, of course. This has the potential to be a truly great term of office.
    Good news indeed EZ after all these years fighting the good fight on this forum.
    Fungus is delighted(not)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Good news indeed EZ after all these years fighting the good fight on this forum.
    Fungus is delighted(not)
    Always good to read your posts too. I'm not sure anyone was converted to vote a different way, but at least we all had our convictions, and could back them up

Dilettante

EZ and SgtP. I think just about every poster here agrees this was the preferred news. The Greens are lower than a doormat and have no guts whatsoever. They and NZF, both of whom can not even win one electorate, will be gone next time we vote. Probably in 2-3 years time

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    EZ and SgtP. I think just about every poster here agrees this was the preferred news. The Greens are lower than a doormat and have no guts whatsoever. They and NZF, both of whom can not even win one electorate, will be gone next time we vote. Probably in 2-3 years time
    Hmm
    I would pick there is a high probability they will be in government for 3 terms. Don't believe me?look at our political history. So you may have to become accustomed to social democratic government until 2026
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 19-10-2017 at 11:01 PM.

IMO

Great news and i believe a change for the better. Greens are now in and will have an 'apprenticeship" to learn the cut and thrust of being in power.They will be in side later, wisely. The more i see and here Shaw the more i like.
    Really impressed with elder statesman Winston Peters, this will be what he will be remembered for and Jacinda will grow into the leadership after leading Labour phenomenally from also rans to "doing this". There will be hiccups and mistakes but i think this country is heading for greener fields for all ,not some. A change for the better. JT over and out of here.

Dilettante

Haha JT. This post of yours has as much credibility as your comments about English giving everything away to stay in Government. As Tracy Watkins has written on Stuff tonight, Jacinda just wanted it more and was prepared to give 5 ministerial portfolios to the minnow that is Winston First. But of course the baubles of office don’t interest him !! The Greens gave away their soul to become an irrelevant and useless prisoner of a NZF-Labour Government. Their last term in parliament I reckon

SgtP. We will see. My view is that we are highly likely to see a 2 party parliament after next election that will not be later than this time in 2020, possibly earlier !! Just glad I have most of my shares and income in foreign currency earnings so personally quite satisfied with the NZ$ weakening 👍
    Last edited by iceman; 20-10-2017 at 02:59 AM.