sharetrader
Page 4 of 697 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast
    Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Gotta love Winston. He's going to get one bilion trees planted. I presume he knows Forestry is one of NZ's most dangerous industries. And who is he going to get toe plant the trees. Well it aint going to be immigrants - so that only leaves the unemployed. Ahh - now I see how the coalition is going to reduce the numbers of unemployed!
    Well, it worked in the 1930's and set the scene for the extensive radiata pine plantations that have been the resource for NZ's timber/paper industry. There's been a lot of worse ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Well, it worked in the 1930's and set the scene for the extensive radiata pine plantations that have been the resource for NZ's timber/paper industry. There's been a lot of worse ideas!
    Excellent. Today I've established we are going back to 1950's house building, 1930's forestry planting and 1970's industrial award setting. Nothing like taking three steps back to go one step forward.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Today I've established we are going back to 1950's house building
    New builds will be for our international citizens. Kiwi's will have to settle for the used housing stock...

Gotta love Winston. He's going to get one bilion trees planted. I presume he knows Forestry is one of NZ's most dangerous industries. And who is he going to get toe plant the trees. Well it aint going to be immigrants - so that only leaves the unemployed. Ahh - now I see how the coalition is going to reduce the numbers of unemployed!
    No mini - efficiencies and productivity and all that - ROBOTS will plant the billions of trees.

Look out - might need your front lawn if they run out of space.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Giving credit where it is due. Labour have agreed to increase Teina Poras compo payment. Let that be a lesson to the police and prosecution who waste our money with dodgy investigations, woeful prosecutions and compo to compensate.

IMO

Watched the swearing in ceremony on CNBC live this morning. Gives me great optimism and pride in this govt despite Winstons presence. I think this will be his best performance actually, he will have learnt from past stuffups and really will want to go out leaving his country in a better place ,a part of his legacy.
    Jacinda looks to be a great leader , having her priorities in the right place with people coming first.

The reality atm is we have a divided country with lots of disgruntled, bitter national supporters who are being encouraged by their party to continue in this vein in a divide and conquer at any cost strategy . Well i hope that more folks are into supporting and collaborating with this govt who are doing the same and leading by example. Early days i know but I'm optimistic that we have the makings of a great era where values will enhance our lives over a heartless business agenda run by the previous govt. Collaboraters or Haters, think about whats better for all.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    No mini - efficiencies and productivity and all that - ROBOTS will plant the billions of trees.

Look out - might need your front lawn if they run out of space.
    Billion trees is nothing. India planted 66 Million in Twelve hours !! World gone planting crazy

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/india-plant-66-million-trees-12-hours-environment-campaign-madhya-pradesh-global-warming-climate-a7820416.html

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Just the kind of headline environmentalists love. Because it distracts from the real issue which is population growth.

66 million trees - humbug! There will be another 15,000,000 indians contributing carbon to the atmosphere in the next 12 months. And by 2024 they are expected to equal china's population before maxing out with 1,700,000,000 indians by 2060. (up from today's 1,339m)

Our billion trees (its actually only half this as we are already planning on planting .5b) will do absolutely diddly squat for climate change. The only thing it is likely to achieve is shift the environmental feel good vote from the Greens to NZ First.

Whoa - stop this bus. we need to get off. A new report out today by the Royal Society says climate change will see boosts in pollen counts and this will worsen hayfever symptoms and children's stress will increase to those levels when living under threat of nuclear calamity. Some plants were expected to release eight-times more pollen by 2100, compared to in 2000. The last thing we need to be doing is planting more pollen generating trees! (and thats putting aside the environmental destruction caused by wildlings)

Oh dear. This is a worry. Jacinda is telling students next year is on her (https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...xt-years-on-me)

Actually its not. Its on you and me as we are the ones paying the taxes that will fund this. I hope Jacinda always has front of mind is that every dollar she spends used to belong to someone else. Its not hers