sharetrader

Hybrid View

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Maybe we could do a monthly update or something, rather than live daily updates.
    I'm quite happy to help co-ordinate if need be...perhaps with the bigger feline's (ie, tiger's) support. Question for PT though - what tool do you use to store the picks, and update prices/dividends?
    If its a live feed (or even semi-automated) and updated monthly, feel sure I could keep up with this...

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Arrow You need data from somewhere and a means of turning into information

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterCat View Post
    I'm quite happy to help co-ordinate if need be...perhaps with the bigger feline's (ie, tiger's) support. Question for PT though - what tool do you use to store the picks, and update prices/dividends?
    If its a live feed (or even semi-automated) and updated monthly, feel sure I could keep up with this...
    Between mid December and the end of next August I will be permanently on the road and not offering support.

I download & parse end of day & dividend data from my data suppliers using php running in cron jobs on the papertiger.asia web-server and these store the results in a MySQL database, which also contains tables of entrants and their choices.
    A further php cron job uses all this data to create the results tables which are then served as a web-page on demand by yet another php script.

When it works as it should, it is great and no hassle;
    When it goes wrong, it really goes wrong!

https://garfield.com/comic/2017/11/11

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum