Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

1. - Much was made of the one-off type costs increases last year (2016) - Wages and salaries costs increased by $4.8m.

Excerpt : "Of this amount, $1.7m related to NZX Wealth Technologies with a full 12 months of expense in 2016 compared to six months in 2015, as well as additional staff recruited to service major new clients won during 2016. The remainder of the increase was due to costs associated with the CEO transition, additional staff recruited on a fixed term basis to support major project(the clearing system upgrade, the energy systems upgrade and the FMCA compliance project) and additional leave accruals".

2. - $3.0m related to Ralec litigation which was completed in 2016.

So 1 & 2 account for $7.8m drop in expenses alone
exactly
I reviewed this stock some months back when there was a murmur of change and growth
I couldnt see it myself. There was no ability to substantially move revenue without growing the stock exchange either by listings or transactions. It is patently clear from their monthly stats that this is not happening
Cost cutting is a one off sometimes two but its growing a business that reaps rewards.
NZX02.jpg