sharetrader
Page 63 of 697 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163563 ... LastLast
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Old Labour trick to bring the unemployment numbers down: hire unemployed clowns and similar as senior policy advisers! Must have been hundreds hired by the last (HC) Labour Government ...

Holy sh*t - but now they hire the "principals" en mass: http://erec.thejohnsongroup.co.nz/Jo...xoCAhsQAvD_BwE

Must be Jacinda's mark - Senior not good enough anymore, though there are still some vacancies for them as well (maybe to support the unemployed youth?); Seriously - how many Principals (Latin - the First in order" can you have?

As well - wouldn't it be the job of our politicians to be the "thought-leaders"? What are we paying them for?

Quite funny to see history repeating itself. Only problem is - somebody will need to feed them all, and they won't be cheap
    BP, you must have missed this article the other day.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/102...als-final-days

This spells out how National increasingly hired spin-doctors in their last year of power, but also that that they exceeded their self-imposed true cap on public sector workers. They did this by continuing to increase the staff levels, but they reclassified some staff to "frontline" rather than "core", with new rules they just made up. They also spun some staff off into new entities and put them outside the count, even though they were still essentially doing the same work. They changed 6-month reporting on all this to 12-monthly. Labour now has to decide how they will handle the data from here on.

National reduces a 'bloated' public sector when in office? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    BP, you must have missed this article the other day.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/102...als-final-days

This spells out how National increasingly hired spin-doctors in their last year of power, but also that that they exceeded their self-imposed true cap on public sector workers. They did this by continuing to increase the staff levels, but they reclassified some staff to "frontline" rather than "core", with new rules they just made up. They also spun some staff off into new entities and put them outside the count, even though they were still essentially doing the same work. They changed 6-month reporting on all this to 12-monthly. Labour now has to decide how they will handle the data from here on.

National reduces a 'bloated' public sector when in office? I think not.
    Not that I agree with your spin ... but seriously - are you saying that Labour in their first year is already where you claim National was in their last ... ?

Really EZ - if even you gave up believing in Labour, who is still standing?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I think if I knew what went on in the Karangahake Gorge I’m sure I would make sure that Jacinda knew about it ....not nice springing it on her was it
    Looks bad all round. Sounds like it was one 20yr old male causing the problem, but poor supervision, and poor followup after the event. I don't think that person will be in the Labour Party from now on, it's completely unacceptable.

A terribly sad indication of Labours paternalistic "I know best" approach" How is it possible that senior members of the Labour party would not inform the PM of these sexual assaults. And worse still is that they were not there to support the children in informing the parents. And now the coverup is being uncovered. Apparently all the facebook posts have disappeared off teh Labour page.

I get it that Labour camps are just ripe for sexual predators. But how this has been withheld from families leaves me beyond words.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    A terribly sad indication of Labours paternalistic "I know best" approach" How is it possible that senior members of the Labour party would not inform the PM of these sexual assaults. And worse still is that they were not there to support the children in informing the parents. And now the coverup is being uncovered. Apparently all the facebook posts have disappeared off teh Labour page.

I get it that Labour camps are just ripe for sexual predators. But how this has been withheld from families leaves me beyond words.
    It is a sad affair and one just hopes the victims are OK. Clearly this has been very poorly handled but worse, Andrew Kirton has come out defending his appalling handling of this saying it was "victim focused". I trust he will tell that directly to the faces of the parents of these KIDS.
    Last edited by iceman; 13-03-2018 at 08:00 AM. Reason: spelling

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    It is a sad affair and one just hopes the victims are OK. Clearly this has been very poorly handled but worse, Andrew Kirton has come out defending his appalling handling of this saying it was "victim focused". I trust he will tell that directly to the faces of the parents of these KIDS.
    Can't really blame Andrew Kirton and Labour though can we, in their twisted ideology 16 year olds are not KIDS anymore.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I agree, there are some in Labour saying that Andrew Kirton might not stay in his job after this. Which would be a pity, he seems to have been well organised otherwise. Why didn't he think "If this leaks out, what questions will the press ask first, and how am I (or more likely how is Jacinda) going to reply?"

Putting aside the very poor handling of the situation after the event, it looks like the alcohol was not supplied by Labour, it was brought in by some of the Young Labour attendees. Some kind of a raging party went on over the second night, but one of the people in charge of looking after the attendees' behaviour went to bed at 9pm. The perpetrator allegedly assaulted two 16 year old males and two 16 year old females, and was not a Labour Party member. He was attending with a party member apparently (hearsay, The Standard). The perpetrator has been banned from attending any future Labour party events. I'm sure he would have been expelled from the party as well, if he'd been a member.

So this has been a pretty bad sabotage of Labour's efforts so far, maybe it has come from outside their camp, but it doesn't excuse the lack of control at the party, the alcohol supplied to minors, and certainly the poor followup and support afterwards, by senior people who should have known better and who will experience the consternation of all party members.

IMO

Wrong that the PM wasn't informed about this . Removing the drunk (?) groper of females and males was good, but allowing them to get drunk is unacceptable.Very dissapointing that the supervisor went to bed and left them to it. Were there other "responsible" adults left to supervise, if so why didn't they intervene?

Tricky one respecting the young peoples privacy and being transparent with parents. Media pressure is one thing most people would not want to experience let alone a teenager. Sounds like the teens were allowed to choose what action they wanted but maybe more detail to come out of this unacceptable event.

Sadly Binge drinking is still with us in NZ. When are we going to learn that having social drinks are fine but getting drunk and potentially losing ones safety and /or ones moral compass is not?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by greater fool View Post
    Coming up to the budget, and new taxes on the way.
    Not waiting for the Tax Working Group rubber stamp to sanction this rort.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/102...x-to-fund-rail
    Seems like Joyce was spot on about his Fiscal Hole after all.

What a smarmy creep (fiscal ) Robertson is.
    Last edited by blackcap; 13-03-2018 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by greater fool View Post
    Coming up to the budget, and new taxes on the way.
    Not waiting for the Tax Working Group rubber stamp to sanction this rort.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/102...x-to-fund-rail
    Wonder if you will get a tax rebate if say for instance a new bypass devalues your property price
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”