sharetrader

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Valuegrowth View Post
    Among kiwi savor providers, which ones will manage funds prudently with minimum risk?
    Which providers will give you the opportunity to manage your own kiwi savor money yourself?
    Thanks.
    None of them. They are all managed funds of some sort, you have little direct control over the fine grain details of where your money is invested, and they all diversify to reduce risk. If you are that worried about managing it yourself, just put the bare minimum to get the "free" govt money (I think it's $1043? to get $512) into one and invest the rest of your money elsewhere yourself where you have complete control.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond47 View Post
    None of them. They are all managed funds of some sort, you have little direct control over the fine grain details of where your money is invested, and they all diversify to reduce risk. If you are that worried about managing it yourself, just put the bare minimum to get the "free" govt money (I think it's $1043? to get $512) into one and invest the rest of your money elsewhere yourself where you have complete control.
    $1,042.86 to receive $521.43 MTC. The Kiwisaver year is 1 Jul - 30 Jun

That is effectively what I did but I also maximised my employer contribution at the time (in its early days). The rules changed after I left the country but had I stayed, no extra would have gone in due to the costs of the KiwiSaver provider. That said, the return has been good for a growth fund and it now just sits ticking away nicely as the bulk of the contributions were in the GFC days. It should be there as a nest egg when I qualify to withdraw (at no loss of contributions).