sharetrader
Page 250 of 840 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260300350750 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 8391
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    When "the workers" have their party in government, they are more inclined to spend,and take on debt.
    One of the first things they want is a new second hand motor [on tick].
    Turners are here to help them,car,finance and insurance,.
    A case of being in the right sector at the right time.
    Should interest rates increase, they will do even better.
    I am "well positioned".!
    Above posted 26-10-2017
    As day follows night "the workers" party delivers.!!……………...lol.

https://treasury.govt.nz/sites/defau...kage-dec17.pdf

Well worth a good look to get a handle on the scope of the increases the new families package provides.
    Keep in mind that most people on modest incomes are spending ~ 100% of their income so an extra :-
    $112 per week for a solo mum plus up to another $110 in accommodation supplement really makes a HUGE difference.
    Further up the scale a couple earning $90K with two kids and paying rent can be $90 better off a week.
    These are massive differences for struggling families and vastly more than just tinkering with what the minimum hourly rate will ever provide.
    Happier days are coming for struggling families and I for one am happy for them.

You were spot on Percy, the workers party really is delivering.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

Well worth a good look to get a handle on the scope of the increases the new families package provides.
    Keep in mind that most people on modest incomes are spending ~ 100% of their income so an extra :-
    $112 per week for a solo mum plus up to another $110 in accommodation supplement really makes a HUGE difference.
    Further up the scale a couple earning $90K with two kids and paying rent can be $90 better off a week.
    These are massive differences for struggling families and vastly more than just tinkering with what the minimum hourly rate will ever provide.
    Happier days are coming for struggling families and I for one am happy for them.

You were spot on Percy, the workers party really is delivering.
    So Jacinda (and other variants you have used) is now tops in your view

Just asking
    Last edited by winner69; 28-06-2018 at 08:49 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    So Jacinda (and other variants you have used) is now tops in your view

Just asking
    The reality is mate you're never going to agree with everything one particular political party does or doesn't do. I think it was extremely harsh of National to not increase the accommodation supplement in their 9 years in power despite skyrocketing rents...and then they wonder why so many people are now homeless

Some of Labour's policies drive me to despair but something had be done about poverty and good on them for that I reckon. If you look at the example I posted above of a young solo Mum with one child, (who in reality are mostly in a desperate situation with Auckland rents) but is now $232 per week better off they can finally start to live with some dignity including possibly getting a modest vehicle.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-06-2018 at 09:00 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Just saying
    just saying
    There is an obvious implication of what I just said, but I formally disavow that implication, although I actually believe it.
    That might be the wrong tie to wear. Just saying. (Implication: it makes you look ridiculous.)

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Just saying
    [FONT="]just saying[/FONT]
    [FONT="]There is an obvious implication of what I just said, but I formally disavow that implication, although I actually believe it.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]That might be the wrong tie to wear. Just saying. (Implication: it makes you look ridiculous.)[/FONT]
    Suppose just asking is the same as just saying ...if that is what your tirade is meant to be implicating

My apologies to beagle if he took my post the wrong way

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Suppose just asking is the same as just saying ...if that is what your tirade is meant to be implicating

My apologies to beagle if he took my post the wrong way
    Not at all mate, I enjoyed taking a shot at National's short sightedness in terms of dealing with what is arguably an extremely serious situation with the huge growth in homelessness.

I guess what I'm getting at with the size of these changes, (the biggest difference I can ever recall) it is really will empower people to start living with dignity and instead of driving some clapped out 25 year old vehicle without a warrant of fitness they should be able to get themselves into a decent and more fuel efficient car thereby alleviating some of the effect of the iniquitous regional fuel levy so this is something I see as potentially a huge tailwind for Turners.

On the other side of the ledger however I see business confidence is still extremely low with another survey out yesterday so it becomes more difficult for business's to have confidence to for example update their fleet of trucks. Net effect is still something I see as a strong positive for Turners though but it will be interesting to gauge Todd Hunters view on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

Also not forgetting a certain sector of our society will be getting extra money over the winter months. What better investment than in a new Suzuki Swift from the local Turners yard.

(not forgetting poor students who might also like a vehicle to get to their studies).

I am hoping any loss I made from Labour turning off the personal tax reduction will be offset by an increase in share value due to demand from those benefiting from the other use of my money.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Also not forgetting a certain sector of our society will be getting extra money over the winter months. What better investment than in a new Suzuki Swift from the local Turners yard.

(not forgetting poor students who might also like a vehicle to get to their studies).

I am hoping any loss I made from Labour turning off the personal tax reduction will be offset by an increase in share value due to demand from those benefiting from the other use of my money.
    Ditto.
    Annual report out. https://www.nzx.com/announcements/320060
    First impressions:-
    It looks like they're on track for solid growth over the years ahead.
    I think they can do around 32 cps for FY19 so on a theoretical ex divvy price, (record date for 5 cent divvy is 3 July) of $3.10 (3.15 - .05) this puts them on a PE of just under 10 which seems good value to me considering their growth prospects.
    Looking at the dividend yield, I see no reason why we shouldn't be looking at an increase from 15.5 cps to approx. 16.5 cps this year and there are sufficient imputation credits and the company is paying sufficient tax to continue to top up their imputation credit account such that they appear to be in a position to fully impute dividends for the foreseeable future. 16.5 / 310 = net yield of 5.32% or 7.3% gross forecast dividend yield for FY19.
    I think this is very attractive in light of the companies ability to grow these dividends going forward and the quarterly payment adds further attraction for those looking for regular income.

Very attractive metrics and sound growth prospects and quite probably very good value indeed in an otherwise (with very few exceptions) fully priced market.
    Disclaimer: There's a lot of sun down at Percy's end of the tent so I am probably now seeing the glass as half full with my newly acquired rose colored sun glasses on
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-06-2018 at 10:55 AM.

Hope Snoops doesn’t analyse Note 16 of the Accounts