sharetrader
Page 393 of 945 FirstFirst ... 293343383389390391392393394395396397403443493893 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,930 of 9447
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    I have always had a concern over Talisman’s acquisition of 80% of Rahu from Newcrest.

Can anybody help with the following questions.

1/ Why was the deal confidential? I cannot understand why the price would be commercially sensitive.

2/ The price must have been low because if it wasn’t it would be hard to hide it in the accounts.
    Any ideas where or how it would be hidden?

3/ Rahu does seem to be highly prospective. If it is an extension of talisman with similar grades and is on non conservation land then it could be a highly valuable minining liscence.

Why did Newcrest essentially give it back to New Talisman?
    My guess is that Newcrest just is not into trying to develop a new mine in NZ. It is hard enough even when the govt is on your side without taking on this anti business govt with the greenies in leading the show.
    Look at the back patting the govt is giving itself about having no new oil and gas exploration permits . The truth is that oil is too costly to look for even when the govt is supportive. The truth here is that no oil companies are interested under this green directed govt.
    In fact I think for sure NTL should not do anything about Rahu for now. Maybe sometime in the future things will be different.
    So the answer to your questions is that under the stress the govt is putting companies Rahu is probable worth somewhere near nil. What might happen sometime down the road is another question. For now the company needs to forget about birds in the bush and get some birds in hand. There is nothing that will send the SP higher than the actual gold production.
    digger

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    My guess is that Newcrest just is not into trying to develop a new mine in NZ. It is hard enough even when the govt is on your side without taking on this anti business govt with the greenies in leading the show.
    Those timeframes don't really work. The announcement of NTL purchasing Rahu predates the September election and most money, at the time, was firmly on a continuation of a National lead government. Of course, Newcrest may have predicted the post election outcome...

I was at last years AGM
    I suspect Rahu was given back, for little or no cost. The deal from memory required Newcrest to continue to spend on exploration, ie they cut their losses.

The reef there should be very rich, because it is described as the deeper end of the same reef at Martha. I guessed its depth at Rahu in a post a while back, from memory maybe 1000 m below ground. deeper than the deepest mine to date in NZ. Ie really really expensive to get out. I could be wrong of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    I have always had a concern over Talisman’s acquisition of 80% of Rahu from Newcrest.

Can anybody help with the following questions.

1/ Why was the deal confidential? I cannot understand why the price would be commercially sensitive.

2/ The price must have been low because if it wasn’t it would be hard to hide it in the accounts.
    Any ideas where or how it would be hidden?

3/ Rahu does seem to be highly prospective. If it is an extension of talisman with similar grades and is on non conservation land then it could be a highly valuable minining liscence.

Why did Newcrest essentially give it back to New Talisman?

IMO

Director Nominations about the fifth line down.Whose got the Tardus then.

"The closing date for Director Nominations is Monday July 23, 2017."

thanks fellas

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Director Nominations about the fifth line down.Whose got the Tardus then.

"The closing date for Director Nominations is Monday July 23, 2017."

thanks fellas

They have repeated the 2017 director nomination notice without properly proof reading it. What makes it even worse is that they have also repeated the same “about Talisman Paragraph” where they say they have a binding agreement with Newcrest on Rahu. These guys seriously need to up their game.

too much gold dust in their eyes to read their own docs?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Very disappointing to have amateur mistakes in standard documentation like this.

You would think that with all the past errors in announcements they would be taking extra care. I still cannot believe that they released a perfectly good announcement a few weeks ago only to completely screw it up. I have only been in for 12 months and at least I am still up. I feel for those who got in in the 2's and especially those who brought the options at 2.2 with the ability to buy more at 5.5! 2.2 seems an almost impossible task now.

Quote Originally Posted by Clints View Post
    You would think that with all the past errors in announcements they would be taking extra care. I still cannot believe that they released a perfectly good announcement a few weeks ago only to completely screw it up. I have only been in for 12 months and at least I am still up. I feel for those who got in in the 2's and especially those who brought the options at 2.2 with the ability to buy more at 5.5! 2.2 seems an almost impossible task now.
    Can't agree more. It's not the first time either. Balls up after balls up after balls up. IMO it verges on absolute incompetence. And a few disingenuous statements and greatly missed deadlines in the past thrown in to boot. I guess it must be time for another all expenses paid trip to warmer climes for the CEO.

And I can see another SPP in the not too distant future too as lots of money going out and zada coming in.

Disc: Still holding a few for interest sake but I like my money managed by the best, and NTL can't be described as that, so glad I took my profits, reduced risk ..... and ran.

I actually thought their silly wording and handling of news releases was an indication that their skills lay in another direction. Hopefully in creating an operational goldmine.????
    What will they be able to to say at the AGM when the share-market price will be way lower than 1 year ago. Unable to hold their hand out for more ????