sharetrader
Page 139 of 442 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 4418
    Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    They wouldn't be paying that much if they didn't see significant value even at that price, so yes its great news.
    Its a cracker of news, they're now second largest holder after Bright Dairy and together both own more than 50% of Synlait. One can draw one's own conclusions as to what the future direction is for both A2 and SML.

Advanced Member

They wouldn't be paying that much if they didn't see significant value even at that price, so yes its great news.
    Great news alright, now in A2s interest to make sure Synlait prospers, so no chance they take their orders elsewhere . Either that or they going for a takeover.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Great news alright, now in A2s interest to make sure Synlait prospers, so no chance they take their orders elsewhere . Either that or they going for a takeover.
    17.39% owned by A2...... They must have been buying on market as well leading up to the announcement. Unless I have missed something

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    I think this goes both ways and solidifies the partnership. There could be a risk of A2 choosing another dairy factory to produce infant formula. Similarly, an equal risk of SML taking all that a2 milk and producing a2 milk formula for a competitor down the track.

Will there be a merger of sorts or buy out from a2 in a few years? I would say right now that a2 can't afford to splash out $1B+ for a dairy company without hurting their cash position so it makes sense that they have no further plans at this stage to acquire any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    17.39% owned by A2...... They must have been buying on market as well leading up to the announcement. Unless I have missed something
    Already had heaps from last year

Then bought 1.7m shares in April on market

And the Mitsui ones today
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Thanks that’s appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...685/283836.pdf
    Contract contains interesting price escalation clause. I think we can take ATM's last sentence, that they're not interested in acquiring more, with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-08-2018 at 03:39 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...685/283836.pdf
    Contract contains interesting price escalation clause. I think we can take ATM's last sentence, that they're not interested in acquiring more, with a grain of salt.
    sure, they’re not going to announce it but that escalation clause means that if they do - before March 2019, and the price is higher then they’ll have to pay more to Mitsubishi?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

That last sentence can probably read " A2MC has not further plans to further increase its shareholding in SML until after March 2019 after which time we should have a bit more loot in our coffers to pay for it".

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    That last sentence can probably read " A2MC has not further plans to further increase its shareholding in SML until after March 2019 after which time we should have a bit more loot in our coffers to pay for it".
    Someone hand that man a beer.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine