sharetrader
Page 160 of 276 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2751

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Whatever this is - I haven't seen many examples where panic selling was the best reaction, and certainly not when the only material news seems to be that a competitor plans to open a factory in 2 years from now.
    I'm with you there. I still don't think we've got the full picture yet. If the drop is just caused by this news then it shows that sentiment about MPG is pretty bad anyway.

And I'm not sure what effect an NZX complaint about MPG is going to have when it's news about a competitor rather than MPG themselves. MPG somehow aren't following the listing rules by not releasing possible news about a competitor's future actions? That seems like a bit of a stretch.

also the price is starting to bounce,you might well be able to buy/sell around that .72c mark by day's end

I couldn't disagree more with the above two comments. It would appear clear from the price and volume action that some people acted on inside information first thing this morning. That much is pretty clear and that's all that's required for an insider trading case to be brought if the evidence supports my contention. Definitely worth making a complaint and an investigation has very strong merit but as I have suffered no loss and have run a number of campaigns previously, (which have been massively time consuming), its up to others to run with this ball if they choose to for the same of helping ensure our capital market is run in an orderly and fair way AKA not the "Wild West".
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-11-2018 at 12:26 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I couldn't disagree more with the above two comments. It would appear clear from the price and volume action that some people acted on inside information first thing this morning. That much is pretty clear and that's all that's required for an insider trading case to be brought if the evidence supports my contention. Definitely worth making a complaint and an investigation has very strong merit but as I have suffered no loss and have run a number of campaigns previously, (which have been massively time consuming), its up to others to run with this ball if they choose to for the same of helping ensure our capital market is run in an orderly and fair way AKA not the "Wild West".
    It's not insider information necessarily though is it.

I didn’t see any announcement to the NZX by HLG when the global behemoths said they were entering NZ

I reckon Metro were going to mention something in their profit announcement ...but it seems the market caught on a bit early and forced their hand a bit.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    It's not insider information necessarily though is it.
    .....more like good competitive intelligence and knowing the market/industry

As I said earlier, Forsyth Barr published research earlier today with the title "Metro Performance Glass: Market Structure Shattered; Cut to UNDERPERFORM", so maybe MPG are just circulating information that ForBarr had already published. But also I can't read that report so can't be sure.

Which would tend to backup the theory that MPG are just publishing information that is already out there but just not widely public.

https://www.forsythbarr.co.nz/market...atest-research

Reading between the lines in parts of recent CSR.ASX anouncements might have indicated something was going to happen to change the ‘competitive landscape’

Karlos posted the other night about another problem he had .....he would have known about this being an industry player.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Big opening move downwards on very solid volume followed 49 minutes later by a material price sensitive announcement. If something looks like a duck, waddles like a duck, quacks like a duck...guess what ?, there's every chance its a Duck !
    That duck is your neigbours duck
    Other drakes have been checking out her waddle
    It's OK, no harm in looking
    but now your hen doesn't look so pretty

Seller acted on industry information not insider information as they was checking out the other ducks

You'd have to prove that the seller saw the release. Good luck with that duck