sharetrader
Page 437 of 563 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437438439440441447487537 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,370 of 5626

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Good stuff ...love rumours ...or is it real inside info?

We’ll be kicking ourselves when PGW hits 80 cents eh ....before the big capital return is actually announced
    Get opportunity for Blendy?

He will either get a great deal if he follows my advice or he will find out what kind of 'friend' he has got in 'A person'.

Or else, the 'person' will find out what kind of 'friend' their friend really is!

Or their 'friend' will find out what kind of broker they have!

A real 'cannot lose' situation for Blendy!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Get opportunity for Blendy?

He will either get a great deal if he follows my advice or he will find out what kind of 'friend' he has got in 'A person'.

Or else, the 'person' will find out what kind of 'friend' their friend really is!

Or their 'friend' will find out what kind of broker they have!

A real 'cannot lose' situation for Blendy!
    By the looks of the action today looks like there are not many friends who believe
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    By the looks of the action today looks like there are not many friends who believe
    Let's do the time warp again! Back to 1987!

Spread rumours and try to get out of a bad position?

Last edited by Balance; 29-11-2018 at 12:11 PM.

Hahaha thanks for the chuckles I've continued my long standing rule of not acting on 'hot tips' from randoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Blendy View Post
    Hahaha thanks for the chuckles I've continued my long standing rule of not acting on 'hot tips' from randoms.
    And of course what happens tomorrow when you get in to work,there's a trading halt and takeover offer at double the price,and then you look out the window and see some pigs fly by!

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    And of course what happens tomorrow when you get in to work,there's a trading halt and takeover offer at double the price,and then you look out the window and see some pigs fly by!
    Shhhhhh - that's what I am hearing too!

percy

Their Chinese walls are certainly working.No leaks so far with only 7,500 traded so far today at 58cents.So it is going to be an exciting day tomorrow?

Commerce Commission throwing a spanner in the works?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12170286

"DLF Seeds' $434 million acquisition of NZX-listed PGG Wrightson has hit a possible snag after the Commerce Commission sent a "letter of issues" to the Danish co-operative.

A letter of issues is sent if, following initial investigations, the Commission has concerns about potential competition issues that may arise from the proposed acquisition."
    Last edited by Balance; 03-12-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blendy View Post
    A person with no knowledge of shares but knows that I dabble just messaged me to say their friend just got a hot tip from their broker that PGW is about to dramatically go up! (isn't this how a bad investment story starts?!)
    I think that it is more that PGW was about to go down?

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU181...tson-seeds.htm

Better check who the broker and friend are - best to put them on your (and our) ignore & avoid list!
    Last edited by Balance; 03-12-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Let's do the time warp again! Back to 1987!

Spread rumours and try to get out of a bad position?

Seriously, been a while since I read and saw such a blatant attempt to spread a false rumor by someone (not you, Blendy - you were one of the intended victims) to get out of a bad position.

The Commerce Commission sounds like stopping the deal so it's back to the drawing board for Wrightson if that happens.

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/6...le-to-dlf.html

"The commission said the analysis of current market shares probably understates the importance of DLF's research and development programme, which has successfully developed novel ryegrass endophytes and high-performing ryegrass cultivars specifically for New Zealand conditions.

"Our preliminary view is that DLF is a close competitor to PGW Seeds in the market for the production and supply of ryegrass and is generating competitive tension which may not be replicated by other competitors that have relatively small market shares," Commerce Commission senior investigator Andy Gallagher said in the letter.

Because it takes 10 to 15 years to get a product ready for commercial release, the regulator said it was unlikely a new entrant could constrain the enlarged entity.

The commission said it's also assessing whether imported turf seeds are a viable competitor to the combined business."