sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    As a shareholder, must admit I've changed my mind on that safety video when realised how much of a marketing tool they have become.
    i.e. The Hobbit safety video has racked up over 2.7 million hits on You Tube, while the current safety video has already reached almost 2.3 million hits.
    After production costs, that's an awful lot of free advertising, a lot of it reaching into Asian & US markets.
    I would not assume that all those looking at ¨trending¨videos on YouTube will necessairly jump online and buy a ticket with Air NZ. That cohort will buy the cheapest possible airfare which in most cases will not be Air NZ. I remain disgusted by this latest video, like most other passengers I´ve observed watching it on many flights, both domestic and international !!

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

As a shareholder, must admit I've changed my mind on that safety video when realised how much of a marketing tool they have become.
    i.e. The Hobbit safety video has racked up over 2.7 million hits on You Tube, while the current safety video has already reached almost 2.3 million hits.
    After production costs, that's an awful lot of free advertising, a lot of it reaching into Asian & US markets.
    While agree that there probably is some advertising merit to these videos... The whole point of them is to portray a safety message to the passengers on board..

This is the primary purpose of these videos, and if that is not happening then why not just play a plain Jane boring video and put all the production costs into a proper advertising campaign?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
    While agree that there probably is some advertising merit to these videos... The whole point of them is to portray a safety message to the passengers on board..

This is the primary purpose of these videos, and if that is not happening then why not just play a plain Jane boring video and put all the production costs into a proper advertising campaign?
    I guess because,
    1) people avoid advertisements, they don't like advertising messages, they click off adverts as soon as poss.
    and 2) to buy that kind of Reach & Frequency across NZ, Aust, UK, Asia, US etc would cost $millions, & why pay when you can get it for free?
    So, lets name it/do a quirky safety video instead!

I guess because,
    1) people avoid advertisements, they don't like advertising messages, they click off adverts as soon as poss.
    and 2) to buy that kind of Reach & Frequency across NZ, Aust, UK, Asia, US etc would cost $millions, & why pay when you can get it for free?
    So, lets name it/do a quirky safety video instead!
    They need to keep the safety message clear..they will be slammed if there is an accident and passengers do not act appropriately in an emergency.

Just watched the latest air nz safety video. I had no idea about the safety message it was trying to tell. Especially for those who are from non-English speaking countries, I believe many of them hardly can understand the message - air nz has a lot of passengers from different countries right? I recently had a flight with Qantas and their safety video was clear in message yet fun enough to watch.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by pg0220 View Post
    Just watched the latest air nz safety video. I had no idea about the safety message it was trying to tell. Especially for those who are from non-English speaking countries, I believe many of them hardly can understand the message - air nz has a lot of passengers from different countries right? I recently had a flight with Qantas and their safety video was clear in message yet fun enough to watch.
    I agree with that. Trying to be too hip and message lost about safety for the passengers

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Given the amount of whinging here about the video I am genuinely surprised that the share price is still as far above fair value as it currently is
    om mani peme hum

I'm guessing there are about three posters on this thread (including me) that actually own Air NZ shares (maybe less) so not surprising that the "anger" has not hit the share price.

I'm just really happy that oil is in the doldrums. What am I thinking...I'm hijacking the thread. Let's get back to the safety video.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Given the amount of whinging here about the video I am genuinely surprised that the share price is still as far above fair value as it currently is
    It just means you could put a video of the all blacks playing tiddlywinks and AIR share price would still do well. They only put these videos on for legal requirements “health and safety”. Just a waste of money if no one understands the message and no one would know what to do if a plane did actually get into trouble.
    Last edited by Ggcc; 30-12-2018 at 06:53 PM.

Advanced Member

Latest Qantas safety video released 11 months ago, watched (almost) 259 thousand times on You Tube.
    Latest AIR safety video released only about 8 weeks ago, already watched (almost) 2.3 Million times on You Tube.
    They ain't watching it on You Tube for the safety messages. That's great marketing.