sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    They need to keep the safety message clear..they will be slammed if there is an accident and passengers do not act appropriately in an emergency.
    People act inappropriately with or without good safety videos.
    At a recent incident people did everything they could do wrong - and that was on a plane that had a 'standard' briefing.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Latest Qantas safety video released 11 months ago, watched (almost) 259 thousand times on You Tube.
    Latest AIR safety video released only about 8 weeks ago, already watched (almost) 2.3 Million times on You Tube.
    They ain't watching it on You Tube for the safety messages. That's great marketing.
    It is very good marketing!
    All those people won't go out and buy a ticket on AIR but advertising is never a 100% hit.

Millions watched Mariah Carey and All I Want for Xmas is You on YouTube over the last week or so ...and it was played 11 million times on Spotify on Christmas Eve
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

I'm always a little bemused at the inflight safety videos - how many people swim away from a plane crash. (the one on the Hudson the only one I can think of)

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Millions watched Mariah Carey and All I Want for Xmas is You on YouTube over the last week or so ...and it was played 11 million times on Spotify on Christmas Eve
    I have no idea what this has to do with Air NZ but it reminded me of something I saw on Twitter telling us that the lyrics to this song were a very typical Mariah burn

"I don't want a lot for Christmas
    All I want for Christmas
    Is you"
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Okay...back to the shares. I think they are a reasonable hold at $3.10 for yield so I made a small top up at the close, my final investment decision for 2018.
    The penultimate one earlier this morning was taking an small opening position in Kathmandu. I am impressed with their same store sales growth and positive talk of strong profit growth is in stark contrast to the commentary coming from HLG. PE's are not materially dissimilar. If the first half results impress I will double down, same goes for AIR.
    Last edited by Beagle; 31-12-2018 at 01:08 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    People act inappropriately with or without good safety videos.
    At a recent incident people did everything they could do wrong - and that was on a plane that had a 'standard' briefing.
    And you point is..?? I'm sure the media will not be interested in picking up on all that if an accident occurs. The PR for the airline would be unworkable...they really need cross department input in decisions...classic marketing myopic.. and perhaps Winners point is 2.3 million hits in context is nothing much...

For you marketing gurus and for you that have been seduced by guru marketers and not forgetting those who confess to be accountants here’s a repost of a Tom Fishburne cartoon which in essence shows what 2.3 million YouTube views really means
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

LOL Winner. At least their super expensive recent Antarctica video delivered something of a worthwhile message about the environment and was visually stunning and from memory got over 6 millions hits. The latest rubbish on the other hand...
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world...cid=spartandhp
    Good on them for doing the decent thing. Pretty sure in similar circumstances AIR has almost always apologised and simply cancelled the tickets and refunded the money which is poor form in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-01-2019 at 04:19 PM.