sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Those Bollinger Bands are starting to get closer together. Let's hope that the price shoots up near delivery day of their results as I think it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    If you plot the trend from beginning of 2017?

Looks like the uptrend is still intact.

Meanwhile, there are still 50m shares (a cool $500m) still short!
    Absolutely - as usual there are trends in trends in trends .... it all depends on your time window and your tolerance to suffering ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Absolutely - as usual there are trends in trends in trends .... it all depends on your time window and your tolerance to suffering ...
    Suffering?

You mean enjoying, right? Depending on the time frame of course!

Do a longer term chart, you will see what some happy holders mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Suffering?

You mean enjoying, right? Depending on the time frame of course!

Do a longer term chart, you will see what some happy holders mean.
    Well, it probably depends on your sense of enjoyment. Personally I do enjoy a drop of more than 30% from its peak (no matter at what point I started) much more if I am either short or on the sidelines. But yes, you are right - it is exciting to watch, and very happy for any holders who like the ride ... that's what markets are for.

Just a personal preferance - I don't like roller coaster rides either.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12177036
    Please excuse if this has been posted before. Bryan Gaynor not impressed with Herdlicka's conduct.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-01-2019 at 11:37 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12177036
    Please excuse if this has been posted before. Bryan Gaynor not impressed with Herdlicka's conduct.
    Bryan Gaynor also suggested that "The second best performing company was Kathmandu under CEO Xavier Simonet"
    I am in doubt after the latest KMD trading update.

Quote Originally Posted by 44wishlists View Post
    Bryan Gaynor also suggested that "The second best performing company was Kathmandu under CEO Xavier Simonet"
    Esp when he quoted Xavier - Simonet told the recent annual meeting: "We expect first half profits to be strongly above last year."

Our Jayne got lambasted in same article for lowering a revenue forecast
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Esp when he quoted Xavier - Simonet told the recent annual meeting: "We expect first half profits to be strongly above last year."

Same Brian Gaynor who thought the sun shone out of Mark Welson's arse?

Until it all turned to custard when the light was shone on the mess left behind by said saviour of the NZX, Weldon?

Same Brian Gaynor of Milford who badmouthed Diligent (surprise, surprise!) after selling out and then, was rumoured to be buying back when the sp crashed down to under $4?

Quote Originally Posted by 44wishlists View Post
    Article was written 15 December 2018 and represents performance for 2018. Market shocker update was 3 January 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

One would hope in the future he would be far more conservative with his choice of words but I won't hang around to find out because that was one of the biggest clangers I can recall in recent times. The word "strongly" above turning to eps negative really shocking. $2.00 coming as market confidence has been so badly eroded ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

[QUOTE=Beagle;742987]Article was written 15 December 2018 and represents performance for 2018. Market shocker update was 3 January 2019.

If Gaynor was referring to KMD's FY18 performance, he might had a point. But definitely not the case if he was referring to the 1H of FY19, nor 2H of calendar year of 2018. A piece of writing by Gaynor, plus featuring in NZHerald, I better go and read the story book of "Bark, George"