sharetrader

Threaded View

IMO

Thats fine you stay in im pulling money out for myself and our more conservative estate portfolio and moving to more cash/bonds etc.

I believe that things are tipping over globally. I may be wrong but it fits my situ ATPIT to reduce holding equities after the longest bull run in history. Im so thankful ive got a 2nd chance as i dithered a few months back.

Everyone has their own criteria and risk/reward situ, and importantly timeframes, its finding what works best for oneself and not following a herd. I personally think now is not a good time to be entering , but to each their own.

Most kiwis i know when i mention shares their eyeballs glaze over and then mention of the 87 crash comes up, sadly.

if one is TRULY investing for a longterm 10 years plus and they wait out a possible correction first their gains are truly magnified. Also something that drops say 30% has t go up 40% plus just to get back to evens. If i was entering now id at least average my entry out over time and not lump it.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 11-02-2019 at 12:00 PM.