sharetrader

Thread: Harmoney

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Soolaimon View Post
    I have been at it for more than 50 years now, shares, bonds, cfds, options and P2P. Now moving to more cash ie. term deposits etc. One gets a little more conservative as one gets longer in the tooth.... and, it will take 5 years to wind up the P2Ps.
    Cheers.
    Good to hear back from you

Cash at hand, in times like those quite likely coming is a good thing!

This was a great read today > https://www.interest.co.nz/personal-...ft-tight-bunch

I still feel P2P Investments will be safe in troubled time because our $$'s have already been spent by the Borrowers - It cannot be stolen or taken by the establishments!

Just arrived in my inbox - a communication from harmony about their joining the investment group, using BNZ money - and we retail investors continue to get what we've always got.

Yeah, right.

yeah, nah

There does now seem to be a real gap between what Harmoney say and what they do

In the last 3 years the Retail:Institutional loan volume split has gone from 70% to 85% in favour of Institutions (note that this is a halving of the retail allocation). This last communication indicates that overall volume has increased - this is clearly not showing as available loans to retail lenders in practice. So where are all the additional loans going? From a retail investors point of view these details don't add up.

It would be good to know how/why Harmoney allocate the split between retail and institutions as part of their "transparency of our platform", which they pride themselves on.

I have noticed a rise in loan volume in the last week or so, but it is a long way from being half of the volume of say 6 months ago - especially if loan volume overall has increased... Is it still just the time of year! (hmm, perhaps that's worth plotting a volume over time graph for)...