sharetrader
Page 465 of 840 FirstFirst ... 365415455461462463464465466467468469475515565 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,650 of 8391

SP seems to have stalled at $2.29, with a buyer at $2.29 and a seller at $2.30 and neither willing to budge.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    More and stronger competition must be good for consumers - but is it good for TRA shareholders?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

percy

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    More and stronger competition must be good for consumers - but is it good for TRA shareholders?
    Why do you think Dorchester [finance] brought Turners.?
    Why do you think Smiths City Finance is the profit generator of Smiths City Group.?
    All a bit like McDonalds when you ask for chips.:Large?
    Turners,you require finance?
    Smiths City,you require finance?
    There are hundreds of finance companies and banks who will provide motor vehicle finance,however only one owns NZ's largest second hand car dealer.
    MTF is also close to their customers, as only originators are MTF shareholders.
    Last edited by percy; 13-03-2019 at 10:33 AM.

IMO

Agree .Turners have a bit of a moat there and Go Car finance have an existing network of dealers they offer finance through. More of a vote of confidence in the car financing industry , less a threat or competition imo.

It must be time to BUY. Couta1 is finally right and $2.14 is the bottom.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

A week earlier than I expected.!!....lol.
    Welcome back on board.
    Next divie due in approx 7 weeks.Fully imputed.
    Last edited by percy; 13-03-2019 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    It must be time to BUY. Couta1 is finally right and $2.14 is the bottom.
    Is this statement based on the SP cracking the MA30 and staying above that line for already one full day without material volume?

I remember times when a confirmed rise over the MA100 was considered an early indicator for a trend change, but the MA30? and without any supporting fundamental changes?

Sure - trends can change anytime, but calling this at this moment "past bottom" appears to be a brave call to me ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Is this statement based on the SP cracking the MA30 and staying above that line for already one full day without material volume?

I remember times when a confirmed rise over the MA100 was considered an early indicator for a trend change, but the MA30? and without any supporting fundamental changes?

Sure - trends can change anytime, but calling this at this moment "past bottom" appears to be a brave call to me ...

As baa_baa said earlier - TA is discretionary, one can use it rigidly or ignore it when it suits. IMHO the former is a more reliable approach.

Whatever - the trend change happened with that capitulation a week or so ago when several punters finally lost faith

Patently clear even to a blind punter we'll never see 214 again .....and even from today its onwards and upwards

That lack of 'material volume' a problem for the keen buyers - don't want to push the price up too fast - but soon the elastic will break

Love times of capitulation - always a good time buying under 220
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

It looked like it was going to break the 30 day MA and subsequently has. Just a small very low conviction "punt"
    Buying proper volume against the technical's is something I do very rarely and only if I have 100% confidence in the management and board and the FA case supporting the buy is compelling (AIR)
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine